*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142826-Chapter-2-The-Raven
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1142826
part of chapt. 2 of the kid's fantasy novel
Chapter Two: The Raven
Every evening, after returning from her daily walks to and from the library and the forest; Ada would return home and go straight upstairs to her secret place. Whilst there she would read from many different kinds of books and she would visit her old friend Zues. Zues was a fairly large black bird, a raven to be exact.

Oftentimes Ada would read her books aloud to Zues and he would share his opinions with Ada about the subjects they were reading up on. Yes, indeed- This was something else that Ada had never mentioned to her family... She could talk to a bird. Matter of fact, this bird was her best friend. She could relate better to Zues than any human being because he seemed more pure of heart and drama-free than the human population of the world.

Zues was an intelligent bird. He was very wise and knew as much and more than every Encyclopedia Ada had ever encountered. Whenever she would have a question she would go to Zues... matter of fact he may be part of the reason she had always had such high marks in school.

Ada had never really had many human friends, matter of fact she couldn't remember ever having having any real human friends. Sure, as a young child she had played with the neighborhood children, but something always seemed to go dreadfully wrong in her presence and/or she would do something unusual that would scare her little school chums away.

There was that time, when Ada was 5years old and was playing nicely in her yard with the neighbor girl from a few homes down the road, Anne. Ada and Anne were playing in the backyard, picking flowers (to be exact) and singing songs like "the wheels on the bus," when suddenly Ada was no longer on the ground picking flowers but was in the tree hovering above Anne. Anne had asked, "How did you get up there so fast and Ada jumped down. Anne let out a scream and then a gasp, when Ada almost hit the ground, yet didn't.

There she was, at five years old, hovering above the ground as if she could fly. Anne was a normal little girl, being raised by normal little parents and this sort of thing just didn't happen on Netherbridge Drive or anywhere as far as Anne had known.

From that moment on the rumors had circulated that the young girl of 1420 just wasn't quite right... The rumors never ceased to circulate, thus = Ada never got along well in society or in school.

That was really alright by her, for she had always known that she was different and she rather liked it that way. As for friendships and lonelieness and all that jazz, Ada was never ever really lonely. She had had enough animal friends in Netherbridge forest to keep her company always and she rather preferred their company anyways... never judgemental.. The animals were never judgemental.

As a matter of fact, Netherbridge Forest was the very place in which she had met her good friend, Zues the raven.
© Copyright 2006 Zynthetix (zynthetix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142826-Chapter-2-The-Raven