*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144562-Bonnie-and-Clyde
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1144562
Flash fiction 300 words or less "That old man sat there staring..."
Bonnie and Clyde?


“Man, you should have seen it,” Terry laughed, “we were down at the 7-11 getting some Cokes, this old woman came running out as we pulled up. She was laughing like a hyena and hollering up a storm. “Start the car, start the car,” she screamed, all the while still laughing to beat all. This old man was sitting in the car outside. She was screaming and banging on the car for all she was worth, but that old man just sat there staring out the window”

“Whattttt? When? ......Huh?” I said. I work nights at the mill and had just woke up. “What the hell you talking about, Terry?”

Terry gave another short bark of laughter and tipped his head back and drained the last of his Coke, but almost drowned himself when another fit of laughter hit him. The Coke sprayed out of his nose and he began to cough and splutter. “Man you ain’t gonna believe it,” he howled, “this old lady and the old guy were robbing the place! Shit, they must have been 80 years old or more!”

“You’re bullshitting me!” I stood there with my mouth hanging open. “Nobody would rob a store in this town, especially not any old man and old lady!”

“If I’m lying, I’m dying!” Terry roared again, holding his stomach. “Oh shit, my ribs hurt from laughing so much.”

“What happened then? Cripes, I ain’t awake yet!” I still wasn’t buying his story, but he continued laughing and alternating between holding his stomach and rubbing his eyes.

“Why nothing much more happened really,” Terry snorted, “That old man was sitting there stone dead! Funny thing too, he locked the doors for some reason and all the old lady could do was stand there screaming until the cops came.”

Written for Flash at...
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1129243 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144562-Bonnie-and-Clyde