*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148052-Kick-ball
by Shel
Rated: E · Essay · Contest · #1148052
an excerpt from one of my essays for a contest
In high school P.E. class, we were playing kickball. For those of you that don't know what kickball is, well it is just like baseball, except it is played with a large rubber ball that is kicked instead of hit with a bat.

It was my turn "at bat" and I was already nervous about being in front of the entire class. When I get nervous I tend to do stupid things, usually uncontrollably. As I started to kick the ball, somehow I stepped on it and ended up launching myself around 4 feet into the air, all while my body was spinning in a complete 360. As I slammed into the gym floor, and realized what just happened, I began to pray for a fire, or earthquake, anything that would prevent all 35 of my peers from standing there staring at my lifeless body.

My teacher held out his hand to help me up, which I dismissed with a look of "LOOK AWAY YOU FOOL!". The sounds of everyone rolling around on the floor laughing slapped me back to reality.. I have never moved that fast in my life, I jumped up and sprinted to the locker room.

I eventually started laughing myself, but only after the teacher told me to come back because it was still my turn. Was he serious? There was no way I was getting back up there, and I didn't. I sat for the rest of the class, laughing and hurting.
© Copyright 2006 Shel (shel227 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148052-Kick-ball