*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149343-Calling
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Teen · #1149343
A teenage girl's take on crushes and heartbreak.
I've been here forever. I've been here forever in your heart, and that's where I will stay forever more, even if your mind forgets me.

You're just like me. You're more like me than you know, more than I know.

Your the last one standing. They don't understand you any more than they understand me. That is why we should be.

We're real. We've seen the worst, and felt the emotion stronger than anyone else. I know. I know how you feel. At least we are alive. We can change; they can't. But don't be proud, just hold your head high when you are in the cold and remember me as they all turn away and never understand. They never will. They won't realize that you are more real and that they can never be like you. You are no smarter, no better looking, no richer, but yet you are different. And it scared them.

I scare them too. Why am I different? I've always wondered what sets us apart.

But enough of that.

I remember you. I remember you on that corner, as you passed me without a word. What was the first thing you said to me? Oh, it was 'Don't'" How old were we again? We were only eleven, I think.

And our parting, at sweet fourteen, only this past July, ended with the words, 'Forget'.

We weren't ever together. But it somtimes felt like that. It felt like that when we were in the shop in Ottawa, just talking. When we chased each other around the pool in June. I'll always remember how cute you looked. I'll always remember your eyes, your smile, and your laugh.

So why am I contacting you again? Oh, yeah. I need you to show me what it's like.

To be the last one standing.

© Copyright 2006 Katharine Wolfe (xxemkatxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149343-Calling