*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149880-Wrestling-With-Psychology
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RED_40
Rated: E · Draft · Writing · #1149880
creativity a spiritual connection to the Creator
Psychology functions best when it can classify all of our actions, packaging the human psyche. Restricted by rules intended for the benefit of human beings, psychology cannot move into the disordered blending of mind, emotion and spirit expressed with skill and perspiration through art. The discipline must surrender to that beauty.

Perhaps humans are capable of that surrender when transformed in part by the art.

I do sympathize, having been trained in the sciences (of which psychology is not a pure form). Understanding that results from ordered observation allows us more control -- ability to manipulate for our benefit -- our surroundings. Yet biologists (and chemists, physicists, mathematicians) know there is a great deal of the unexplained in the depths of their chosen fields. Not knowing motivates exploration. Some enjoy mentally dancing on the edges of understanding, theoretical scientists being the best example of this to me. Science and art may not be so different.

© Copyright 2006 RED_40 (happydancer4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149880-Wrestling-With-Psychology