*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150102-Intelligent-Design-or-Bright-Egineering
Rated: E · Monologue · Technology · #1150102
Have a burning desire for a perfect cup of coffee? Meet the most talented coffee maker.
Recently I witnessed the quintessential peak of efficient design. Lest you think otherwise, this is not about evolution and other competing theories of existence. This missive is about one of the most amazing machines I have had the pleasure to use. I am still a bit fuzzy on the matter of the 'intelligence' behind this modern marvel.

I was feeling a bit peckish and in need of some chemical stimulation. Come on, I'm talking about coffee, high-test, straight up. What did you think I meant in a 'G' rated article? Anyway, I wandered out into the world looking for that elusive nectar, the perfect cup of something spectacular. A friend referred me to, of all things, a machine. He swore up and down that I would not be disappointed.

What I discovered was a stunning engineering marvel. A machine that brewed fresh coffee on demand at the strength and caffeine level you choose. The front of the machine is glass so you get to watch all of the exciting action. Make some selections, push "Brew", and it measures out some fresh beans and grinds away. The grounds are then pressed between two layers of pristine filter paper and piping hot water streams through. The hissing and bubbling were very impressive and the aroma of the developing brew was intoxicating.

The final perfect and delightfully aromatic result is dispensed into . . . a cup that isn't there. You would assume that a machine as talented as this would include a sensor to detect the lack of a cup. Turns out I misunderstood the intent of this device. As the coffee gurgles down the drain, the machine flashes the words "Thank You" in cheerful bright red letters. I replied, "You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it." I was truly impressed. This very polite machine not only makes you a wonderful cup of coffee, it drinks it for you too.
© Copyright 2006 Eric Brierley (txbirder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150102-Intelligent-Design-or-Bright-Egineering