*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151338-Shoot-for-the-Stars
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Philosophy · #1151338
This is an inspirational poem anyone can enjoy. So Read it, Rate it and Review it.
Shoot for the Stars


You toss and turn in your bed every night. Fantasizing about going far, you lost sleep so many nights. You gotta be a man on my own 2 so your fighting for every right.
They say Shoot for the Stars but they don’t know what being a Star is Like
Through bumps and bruises you can’t sleep, you gotta Win every fight. When something’s wrong you play that song up loud every night. They don’t care you try to be fair cause you know what Karma’s like.
They say Shoot for the Stars but they don’t know what being a Star is Like
How would you feel being alone, on your own, no home at night? You live your life during the day and you live in a car at night. You had a life yesterday but you live in a bar 2 night. You can’t quit now you must survive and dream of the stars 2 night.
People think you got it easy but you’re paying the hardest price: cause if you fail to reach success you’ll be a joke for life. And if you fail to reach success then you lose your hope for life.
They say Shoot for the Stars but they don’t know what being a Star is Like
Then all this time you’ve been on earth was just a hopeless life, all your life has been clouded with a bunch of hopeless hype. You’re suffocated and suicidal, you grab a kitchen knife. And then you put it to your neck, you threaten to end your life.
But they say you can walk left as long as you turn right. So you persist ‘til your opponents have nothing left to fight. Or until you pass out with nothing left to fight.
They say Shoot for the Stars but they don’t know what being a Star is Like.


© Copyright 2006 Gordon Carmichael (cartel2001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151338-Shoot-for-the-Stars