*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151496-Family-Meeting
Rated: 18+ · Other · Adult · #1151496
Flash Fiction 300 words or close Family Story
Family Meeting



The old man sat quietly, watching them talk.

“I don’t think it was all my fault,” Bob laughed, “the money was pretty good and I needed to make some fast. My wife was divorcing me and I had to scrape some cash together as quickly as I could or I would lose everything including my kids.”

“Oh bullshit,” Tom growled, “you saw that quick easy money and you went for it!”

“True, true,” Bob laughed again, “like I said, the money WAS good! My plan was to just get enough together to get my feet on the ground, maybe buy a little house in the country where the girls could play.”

“So, now here you are!” Tom shook his head and glanced over at the old man sitting quietly, watching.

“Yeah, I know,” Bob shook his own head sorrowfully, “but I think their mother will take care of them. She DOES let them write to me and she promises that they get my letters to them.”

“So, what does your lawyer say? Is there any hope that you can beat this?” Tom clenched his fists and released them over and over.

“Oh yeah, he was pretty upbeat this morning, but I’m not going to get my hopes up, just in case.” Bob tried to avoid looking in the direction of the old man sitting quietly watching, but glanced out of the corner of his eye every now and then.

“Dad and I have been trying to get in to see the governor,” Tom said, nodding towards the quiet old man, “but it seems like he is out of his office a lot.”

Bob laughed, “I don’t think the governor will jeopardize his election for a murdering drug dealer.”

The old man quietly got to his feet and walked towards the door. With a shake of his head Tom said, “We’ll be there tomorrow.” Bob watched them walk through the door while the guard handcuffed his hands behind his back.
© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151496-Family-Meeting