*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155909-The-Corpse
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #1155909
A chapter added to Jessiebelle's interactive story "Graveyard Shift"
The Corpse




I look around and find the little gold key to the door leading out into the hallway hanging on a hook next to the door. I slowly open the door as the hinges squeak and echo through out the room. I clench the dagger in one hand as I hang the amulet around my neck with the other. I glance down the hall and see the dim lights flickering on the white walls. I force my feet to carry me out into the hall and begin to cautiously walk toward the double doors at the end of the creepy hall. My breath catches in my throat as I see my boss sitting on the floor slumped over about ten feet away.

I close my eyes and release a gush of air as I thought "This can't be happening. Why didn't I just take the job at the bun factory?"

I slowly open my eyes hoping I was just seeing things and the image will be gone. No. He is still there. A loud crash echoed off the walls. I turn to look at the door where I just came from. It sounds like it came from in there. I can feel my heart thumping against my rib cage. My hands are shaking wildly and I can't control my breathing. I can feel the blood drain from my face as I see a corpse crawling out of the door on the floor. I can see its jagged blood stained teeth as it opens its mouth and screams at me. Dark crimson blood flows out of its mouth and onto the tile floor. It scratches at the floor as it crawls toward me. I can see a trail of thick blood behind it while it drags its rotting intestines. It's bottom half is gone.

I trip and fall backward. I smack the back of my head against the hard floor. The ceiling is spinning around as excruciating pain throbs through my skull. I glance over and see my boss slumped over next to me. I must have been walking backward and tripped over his legs. I sit up as I rub the knot beginning to form on the back of my head and freeze when I come face to face with the corpse. The smell is so awful that I have to hold my hand to my mouth to keep from vomiting.

© Copyright 2006 ~* Moon Beam *~ (lrplunkett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155909-The-Corpse