*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1156428-The-Nations-Poorest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sarge
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1156428
Camden, N.J., the nations' poorest city.
Nations’ Poorest City.

August 5, 2006.


It should come as no surprise that the City of Camden has earned another notorious title, this time as our ‘Nation’s Poorest City’. I think we are unfortunately becoming like that old childhood saying “Sticks and stones many break my bones, but names will never hurt me”. It is the sticks and stones wielded and thrown by our corrupt local and county governments that are most responsible for Camden’s poor and crime-ridden condition. For many years, from mayor-to-mayor, city council-to-city council, each administration becoming even more corrupt than its predecessor, we citizens who have remained here have become more victimized by their greed. Like prey animals in nature we are subject to the whims of the predator, not knowing where he will attack next. In Cramer Hill maybe, to rob us of our homes. Through the Housing Dept., using blatant racial nepotism, favoring some against others, thus pitting poor against poor. It’s venom even coursing through the Board of Education, where greed is their principle, and solid values like reading, writing and arithmetic haven’t mattered for a long, long time. We cannot forget our imperious city council, whose most recent skullduggery deserves our most intense scrutiny, manipulating the outcome of elections by wheeling and dealing to install their own puppet candidate and weakening opposition by further splitting and diluting the vote.
These attacks upon us take a heavy toll on our resolve to raise our standard of living. They take a toll on our struggles against crime and poverty, on our resolve to fight back…But dig deep for that ember which I hope still burns inside of you and join God as He moves to reclaim our city from the stranglehold of corrupt politicians. To give us what so many have so long hoped and prayed for.
The date of battle has been set. November 7, 2006.

James E. Murrell, Jr.
718 Ferry Ave.
Camden, N.J. 08104-3420
Home# 856-964-6501
Cell# 609-685-2324
© Copyright 2006 Sarge (murrell-white at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1156428-The-Nations-Poorest