*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1157111-Are-we-are-living-or-just-existing
Rated: E · Editorial · Opinion · #1157111
A philosophical editorial on my current thoughts.
One of my biggest fears is that when I become older I would regret some choices that I have taken earlier in my life. I would ask myself if those decisions made me live or just exist? Am I a person or the person? Was it better to suffer when I was young to achieve what I wanted or is it better to stay calm because we live only once?

All these questions and doubts are useful to examine our current life. Some feel that they lived their life because they have set up a family while others feel that the more they improve their education, the more important they become.

My motto in life is “live and not exist” and I hope that it will reflect my life after I die. I believe that the best way to live is to know that there is at least someone who loves you – a person who respects you for your actions whatever you do. This person can be anyone: your parents, your wife, your own child, a friend… The more of these people, the better I will feel. This is one of my limits: I depend a lot on what people think of me rather than what I think of myself!

Although this is my thought, I am sure that there are other valid truth on how to live and not exist our life. Maybe those people who are independent feel that to reach other goals are much important than to search for people that approve your lifestyle. This doesn’t mean that they are egoistic people but it shows us how people differ from eachother.

I spent whole hours in search of a mix that in theory comes up with a satisfactory without having any success. The lesson that I have learnt from all these thoughts is that there is no formula for a perfect life. Nothing and no one is perfect and even if it exists, by time a perfect life becomes boring. With all my faults I want to be satisfied with my life… that is all I ask for and if it doesn’t happen, it would be only my fault although knowing that I have given it my best effort.


Those who would like to comment on this editorial I wrote above can do so in the comment section of http://larkinzahra.blogspot.com ... Thanks!
© Copyright 2006 mystiKal (larkinzahra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1157111-Are-we-are-living-or-just-existing