*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1157850-The-Hawati-and-Namino-Chronicles
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1157850
Hawati and Namino are werewolfs. They are on a mountain. What will happen to them?
The mountains were covered in snow, making them look indecently like giant icicles. I was slowly making my way back to my hut. I was breathing heavily after a long hunt for game all across the mountainside and the summit. My sister and I needed all this food to keep me and her alive. It had been rough at the start but we were slowly getting used to the little supplies of food that we had. My little sister is called Namino and she is 13. I am called Hawati, I am 14 and in my culture this is the age of independence.

Our mother and father used to live with us but they set off one day while we were sleeping. No note, no clue to where they went, nothing. That was about 1 year ago. Our parents are both mythical creatures in the world of humans, our father being a werewolf and our mother being an elf. I am now the werewolf and my sister is a mixture of the two. It’s difficult to explain how this happened. I guess she was the lucky one out of a couple of million.

Well she is an elf before the change and still has some qualities of an elf when the change occurs. For instance she can summon guides and do elemental magic, but enough about her. I am a werewolf which is pretty much it. I can do some elemental magic but it is weak. I can barely summon a flame.

As I was walking my deerskin jumper’s hood slowly filled with snow causing me to shake it out once in a while. The sun was slowly going down, bringing magnificent shades of yellow, orange and red on the snow. It was awesome. But it also meant that the moon was coming soon and I couldn’t go wolf with game in my bag. After that thought I walked even faster, looking around desperately for our hidden hut in the trees. My boots were slowly wearing down. There was at least one layer of thin leather keeping my feet from the snow. Heck, I couldn’t even feel my feet.

I could feel my senses getting sharper. The moon was just peaking over the rise. I sniffed around urgently and caught the faint scent of my sister on the ground. That was both bad and good. Good because it helped me find the hut and bad because it could have let others find the hut as well. I shrugged and decided to let her off on that one despite the could be consequence if that happened again. I ran towards the scent and found our door. I knocked three times waited 5 seconds and knocked 10 more times rapidly. There was some shuffling behind the door and slowly it opened. Standing in the doorway was my sister looking really tired.

“You got food bro?” she asked wearily.

“Yup, it’s all here in this bag. I got a rabbit, a bit of deer and some plants I happened to go by” I replied hurriedly.

“Vegetables eh, bro. You’re not that fat to go on a diet” she snuffled.

“Ha ha very funny. Now close the door or the bears will come in.” I replied sarcastically.

I stepped in through the door and walked to the table while she shut the door. Our hut isn’t that big. Maybe the size of a medium sized living room. I brought out my bag and chucked all the food out on the table. I got my knifes and cut them up as my sister sat watching. She was a little freeloader, always making me do all the work. I guess I shouldn’t complain. She starts the fires.

“Will you light the fire please Namino?” I asked her politely.

She nodded and walked off and did her special magic. Meanwhile I chucked all the chopped up meat and herbs and threw it into a pan. My sister had got the fire going so I put the pan over the fire and left it there.

“Do you want to go out now sis?” I asked her.

“Oh yeah…. Watch out rabbits the wolfies are coming!” she said excitedly.

I opened the door and ran to the clearing. I could feel the moonlight shining from the moon straight on to my skin. It felt calming but that feeling was ruined when the familiar burning sensation occurred all over my body. Hair was sprouting in thick tufts all over my body. It was a brown color with light spots near the chest and tail. My back started to arch and I felt my bones cracking painfully into a wolf position. Jeez it hurts turning wolf. You get used to it but the first time is pure agony. When the change was complete I leapt around the clearing and waited for my sister.
© Copyright 2006 Nick S. (slashed_for_u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1157850-The-Hawati-and-Namino-Chronicles