*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158578-Judgment-Day-Or-Complete-Annihilation
by Dottie
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1158578
The battle of survival. Will we ever be ready?
JUDGMENT DAY OR COMPLETE ANNIHILATION


The Battle for Survival




In most parts of the world, a human being cannot walk freely on earth without fear of being mugged or attacked by hoodlums, thieves, and murderers. It would be wonderful if things were different, but for some of us, the body is weak, the soul contaminated by evil thoughts of lust, hate, and more; all of this instigated by a jealous devil.



According to my understanding, this same devil was once an angel in favor with the Lord, but was cast out of Heaven and banished forever into Hell for acts against the God of us all; and misery loves company. This fallen angel reigns in Hell and is dedicated to tempt all God’s creatures everywhere. The devil seeks those who gravely sin to the point of no redemption in order to pull them down with him into the bowels of a fiery domain of suffering for all eternity.



Only those who are strong in Faith and piously show their love of God through acts of kindness and love for their fellow man will one day live with Him in His Kingdom in Heaven. Only those who have strayed and fallen into evil ways, but truly express remorse for their sins through acts of contrition and retribution will one day be granted forgiveness on Judgment day.



I was brought up to believe in the above, although many believe that our actions alone on this Earth will bring about our downfall and the destruction of this world, or at least wipe out all animal and vegetation therein. Whatever comes first, Judgment Day or complete annihilation depends wholly on which direction and course of actions we take toward one another, people to people, and nation to nation. I like to believe that change will come about sometime in the future.



Instead of warring with one another for control of land, fuel, riches, and for religious supremacy, I pray with my heart and soul that somehow the nations of the world will settle their differences and band together to make that peace on Earth. Before it is too late, we should be devoting our efforts toward the preservation of the world. We should do more to find ways to reverse or at least delay the toxic pollution of the Earth’s atmosphere that is causing global warming. Not enough is being done to prevent the destruction of our natural forests. Without them, the very air that we breathe could be taken away from us. By cutting down the trees, we are also destroying the habitats of animals causing their eventual extinction. We have enough to contend with Mother Nature’s fury causing earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, and more.



One day, far in the future, when possibly the sun either burns out or comes closer to Earth, life would cease, and our planet destroyed as well. But with advanced technology and resources, we could make it a reality for humans and animals to live somewhere off our dying planet. There will be a time far into the future where we could colonize to another planet, one suitable to sustain life, or at the least build those space stations in the upper atmosphere. The possibilities are endless, if we don’t kill one another off first. We have that chance to survive through the course of time. We’ve made it this far. As we go forward into the future, I somehow know that we will evolve into a more enhanced, even super intelligent, and self-preserving species.



But, in truth, our quest to accomplish these things depends on the state the world is in now. We live a short term on this earth, and many of us are unconcerned with what happens after we are dead. It saddens me that some of our own country leaders think only of monetary gain for themselves and their families. We depend on those, in or out of office, who do care and are devoted to make this world a better one for all of us now and into the future; the ones with dreams and innovative skills to hand down their findings to others after they are gone in order to continue where they left off.



Which will come first, Judgment Day or complete annihilation? Think about it. It’s up to us. If we must war, let’s make it a battle for survival, and live together in peace. Right now, it’s wishful thinking, and just a dream. In the end, we still must answer to God.



By Dorothy M. Ercole

© Copyright 2006 Dottie (dillyd32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158578-Judgment-Day-Or-Complete-Annihilation