*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158796-Giving-up-easily--worth-praising
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Paulus
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Arts · #1158796
This essay is to strengthen people's heart in achieving their own dreams in life.
When people turn over pages of newspaper, cases such as committing suicide of families due to the huge burden of liabilities are often heard of. Surprisingly, most of the people in these cases are willing to choose death as the ultimate way when facing problems. It is obvious that there is one common reason that leads to the nurture of the above tragedies. That is people always give up easily when problems occur. However, have people ever thought of the real meaning of giving up easily? Why doesn’t people have to give up easily? Indeed, what are the serious consequences of doing so?

According to the record of dictionary, the term give up means people stop doing something or having it. They decide that they will never succeed in doing what they want to with them and stop trying it. To certain degree, giving up easily can be regarded as a pessimistic attitude which people are lack of trust and confidence on themselves. By knowing the negative meaning of giving up easily, it is also crucial to understand the reasons why people cannot easily give up during hard times.

In reality, there are numerous obstacles people have to face in their own life. It is undeniable that the moment coping with hard times discourages people a lot. However, through the process of persisting during hard times, the most beneficial party is people themselves. Not only can people have a deep understanding on themselves during hard times, but also positive characters can be developed. When coping with difficulties, people can clearly recognize how well and how long they perform during hard times. Once people acknowledge their own limits in overcoming difficulties, they will find out the most suitable method to solve problems in the future. Naturally, people can make the best preparation at anytime that problems occur. What is more, endurance and self-determination are the by-products nurtured when dealing with hurdles. That is why by not giving up easily when facing difficulties, can people even gain self-understanding on themselves as a reward. Despite the reward gained by not giving up easily in hard times, persisting in hard times can also utilize people’s unique talents.

Everyone is born with at least one kind of talents. This can been proven by real examples in the society. Real examples such as for those who have artistic talent can bring joy and tears to people by entertaining the audience through performance, while some people can make good use of their sensitive strategic mind in building a better community for people to live in. It is such a delight that the only things which people can take it for granted in the world are their gifted talents. However, how can people develop their own talents? The answer is simple. People can nurture and implement their talents through daily practices in the community, especially when the time they deal with difficulties. Through the process of facing problems, talents of people can be greatly stimulated. The more times people face problems, the better implementation people can have on their talents. Even talents are the remarkable uniqueness of everyone. These remarkable uniqueness can never be stolen by others. That is why by not giving up easily in hard times, people can fully utilize their own unique talents. Although people can gain lots of self benefits by not giving up easily in hard times, keep on persisting when facing hurdles can be treated as an act that people have to be true to themselves.

When people give up easily, regrets may be created as the final result. It is not a matter of whether people can fulfill their own duties successfully, but it is a matter of whether people have already tried their very best in coping with difficulties. By not giving up easily in hard times, people can fully devote the best to their life when solving problems. Even people cannot overcome all the difficulties all by themselves in their life, a feeling of guilt will not appear as they have given the best to strive for a living. This can greatly prevent lots of unnecessary excuses and regret for giving up easily when dealing with problems. A strong identification of self-value of existence can also be proven and strengthened as people have utilized their courage and abilities in facing problems. Their lives are not wasted innocently at all as when people recall their past experience in some day, they can think of something they are proud of themselves. Therefore, by not giving up easily when problems appear, people can be faithful and true to their conscience so as not to leaving any regrets and sense of guilt when surviving in the world. On the other hand, if people give up easily in hard times, how bad will the consequences be?

If people easily surrender to problems, a serious habit of escaping from the reality will be nurtured. No doubt life is full of challenges. Every human being who lives in the world must have chances to fight against various kinds of obstacles. It is definitely hard work when solving problems. That is why some people may think of ways to avoid problems instead of solving them practically. In fact, avoiding a problem is not absolutely wrong, but how many times can people truly escape from problems? When the time people escape from difficulties, the problems themselves still remain unsolved. They will be accumulated through the continuous vicious process when people leave them behind. Up to a certain moment, a bad habit will be nurtured naturally as a part of life to people. That is to escape from reality. Therefore, it is very important for people not to give up easily when challenges appear. Otherwise, this will even make it difficult for people to become successful citizens.

For those who have a brilliant success never rely heavily on fortune and luck. What they really rely on are their abilities and experience in life. To successful people, the accumulation of sophisticated skills and experience is made unrelentingly when the time they deal with problems. It is just like a baby that will finally learn to walk after a thousands times of falling down on the floor. People will improve themselves every time when they face problems. That what makes people have enough confidence and preparation to achieve their goals and targets. Alternatively, for those who easily give up when facing problems will gain nothing. It is because they are not dare to contribute in exchange of skills and experience. They will never grow up as they are lack of ways to deal with problems. Eventually, lacking essential abilities and experience is the lethal reason for not being a successful person to people.

It seems that giving up easily is not a hard way for people to choose when they cope with obstacles. However, it doesn’t. Instead, it is an action of coward that requires even much more courage to bear the serious consequences behind. Therefore, why don’t people try to persist in hard times? You may even find it much easier and worth praising to be a tough person than a coward.
© Copyright 2006 Paulus (pauline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158796-Giving-up-easily--worth-praising