*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159188-Alexandria
by voice
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1159188
A drama about a young girl who has lost her father and her own identity. .
Dressed in the dark night, the bedroom gave the fragrance of mystery. The rain dances across the window pane, with its own melody to guide. The rotten photographs upon the floor, locked with memoirs, were scattered abroad, as Alexandria rest beside them. The multitude of business brought a dream.

"Alexandria! Alexandria!" her mother Chiara yells in her search.

Alexandria then rushes to hide the pictures she had just found in her mothers closet. Laced in her left sock, the edges of the photos were lodged into her skin, later turning it red.

"Yes mom!" she replies startled.
"Well, what are you doing up here? Don't you know that you have piano lessons in ten minutes?"
Chiara then glances around the room puzzled.
"Yes ma'am" with her head down Alexandria quickly leaves the room.
Still clueless of Alexandria's motives for being in the room, Chiara sighs, and with a cavalier attitude she replies,
"Childs play"

Chiara closes the door behind her, Alexandria awakens.
Alexandria wipes the sweat from her brow, pushing back her curley brown hair. This is the second night in a row that she had this same dream.
Although the dream caused her to wake up in a cold sweat, she refused to see that it was still raining, still storming strong. Intimacy would grip her in every shaking of the black sky. Comfort would lure her in every waltzing drop.
Without any other light in the room except the GE desklamp, Alexandria walks to the window starring aimlessly. Yet her aim was to find an answer. The man in the picture, who was he.
She would never have asked her mother because she knew she wouldn't tell. Chiara had a secretive attitude and chilling demeanour. Looking over her left shoulder she reads the clock: 2:30am, just hours before she would
report to work as a detective in the 73rd precindt Missing persons division.
Turning back to the window she gently touches the miniature cross, wooden, with Christ crucified, and recites a prayer taught by her parents.
"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord be with thee..." The thunder storms again. This time the storm startled her heart, and her prayer ceased.
Questioning in her mind Alexandria walks away, after letting down the blinds, then went to take a shower.
During so, the cellular phone rings four times, just before it sent the caller to the voice mail prompt.

"This is Alex, leave it" She says in a tomboyish tone.
It was her partner, Greg Branson, who leaves a message with a hint of confusion in his voice.
"Alex, I've just discovered something in the Charles Castelle Case. Call me ASAP."
© Copyright 2006 voice (barrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159188-Alexandria