*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160461-my-visit-to-india
Rated: E · Essay · Relationship · #1160461
i went to India for summer break after not seeing my relatives for four years.
My Visit To India
The intercom crackled to life as everyone heard a woman’s voice say, “Flight Atlanta to India is now boarding.” Quickly my sister and mother started to get everything together while I wondered what my relatives would be like in India. “Akash could you please hold this bag?” My mother asked when she saw I was still sitting. As I started to reach for the ;bag I noticed a sign that estimated the flight was about a day long including a few hours wait in Paris, France. Our flight was tedious but we reached a little early.
Almost a dozen of my relatives were there to greet us, but sadly we had to chose and go to my grandparent’s house first. There I was surprised to see my grandfather had become very skinny. He had just been through chemotherapy and radiation from having throat cancer but I would never have expected him like this. Before he had cancer he used to be a chubby man and always very happy. I used to always play with him when I was seven but now he had become bitter.
My younger cousins had grown up since I met them last. They were much smarter and taller. When they were younger they looked up to me as a role model because they had never been to America and seen what it is like. Now seeing them after four years reminded me of all the joyful times we had together when I was seven. During this time I reconnected with them.
The most memorable moment though was when I went to visit the sights with my aunt and cousin but instead got stuck in a flood. For an entire day we had only some rice to eat and no water. Our car even broke down so we had to walk in knee high water for about three miles. Finally when we reached home my sister cried and everyone was intensely thrilled to see that we were safe and unhurt.
Through these eight weeks I learned many morals. The most important of these morals was family is the most important component of life. If someone has family he does not need much more. Overall the trip was terrific and I would never give it up for anything.
© Copyright 2006 candyboy (candyboyak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160461-my-visit-to-india