*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165190-Spiritual-Paths-Begin-With-Renunciation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1165190
We all strive to improve during our lives but what keeps us from the path of our spirit?
Nothing should sway one from achieving ones goal when one has decided that the path is right . One should display determination and indeed obstinacy on the path to success. When, however, that goal is achieved it should be renounced. By clinging to it it becomes greater than us and it impedes further progress, however, by renouncing it we become far greater. The important thing is to always move on to a higher ideal and when this is reached it we should renounce it in the same way. In this way we move toward the achievement of our true purpose here on earth. Finally, when there is nothing left to achieve we must renounce renunciation itself.

This can be likened to the artist who fanatically works on a work of art. He will make every endeavor to reach a perfect result but once the final touch is put into place his satisfaction is short lived because he sees his work as a reflection of his imperfection. Thus, the work is set aside and a new canvas is brought forth and the artist begins again and tries to correct his former imperfections.

And so the spiritual path begins with renunciation. By the giving up all that we formally valued we free ourselves from the bonds of our human nature and transcend onto new planes which are the canvasses of the achievement of our life’s true purpose and it is the way in which we achieve this goal that determines true greatness.

© Copyright 2006 Nawab Cowdry (andy1234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165190-Spiritual-Paths-Begin-With-Renunciation