*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165805-My-Life-Story
by HMDay
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1165805
Here's a little about me.
I grew up and screwed up just like every other kid. I learned from my mistakes and that experience is what made me who I am today. I'm not the typical teenager in most ways, but in a lot of ways, I am. I've made stupid decisions in my life and I've made smart ones. I've made and lost friends. But in this writing, I am going to be talking about three of the biggest things that have occurred in my life. Those three things are the loss of three of my best friends, the gain of new ones, and the decision that changed my life. Some of this may touch your heart.

Back when I was in the sixth grade, so I was about 10 or 11, I was having the time of my life. I was "on top" in school, if you'd like to say. Good grades, friends, "popularity," cheerleader, you name it. And at the time, that was all that mattered. The fact that I had the world at my feet was what made me happy. That was until the end of the year. I had just gotten through the toughest year of my life, having gone through a verbally abusive teacher, metal poisoning and pretty much cheating death, and when I finally started to get my feet back on the ground, I made the dumbest choice. I was a gossip, as most "popular" girls are, and I opened my mouth when I shouldn't have. And when I did, it cost me three best friends, one of which had been my best friend since I was in preschool. I went through a state of depression that entire summer, I lost confidence. I never told my parents about what I was going through because I am stubborn and believed I could push through it myself. I eventually did, but it took three new people to help me finish the job.

Near the middle of seventh grade, I had gained a lot of my confidence back but not enough that I felt comfortable in my "own skin" yet. That was until I was switched from my class into a new one and I sat next to a boy named Bobby. In this class, I was the "nerd" in a way because this class was a bunch of "popular" kids and party-animals. Except for Bobby and his friend Erica, whom I soon befriended. They were different. Very down-to-earth and friendly. Everyday, Bobby asked me for a piece of paper, an answer to a homework assignment, a pencil. And everyday, in hopes of becoming his friend, I did it. And everyday, we started talking more and more and the conversations became more than just a favor or a simple "Hello." We started learning more and more about each other. I was in a group with him and Erica near the end of the year, and they had asked me if I wanted to go with them to the lake down by Bobby's house. And, of course, wanting to be accepted, I agreed to go. When we hung out, we all kind of switched personalities. They constantly asked me questions and I answered every single one. They asked about my religion and my family situation and everything else and we sat in the water for over three hours just talking. Also, while I was making friends with Bobby and Erica, I was introduced to a girl named Rachel, who ironically, is the daughter of my parents' old friend. She is now my best friend and the most amazing person I could ever ask to be in my life. It was the hardest when I had to make the biggest decision at the end of eighth grade.

In eighth grade, I started to wonder whether or not I wanted to go to my local high school at the start of ninth grade. It had become a big goal of mine to actually make something of myself when the time came. I started to look into the North Shore Technical High School in Middleton, originally wanting to major in Cosmetology. That was until I started to get really into my artwork and looking at my friend's drawings, as they are very talented artists. Then I decided I wanted to go into Commercial Arts. I filled out an application and my guidance counselor helped me all the way. It was so hard when I got accepted because I knew my friends weren't going. I cried when I got my acceptance letter not only because I was happy, but because I was scared. But when I finally went into the Tech and tried it for a week or two, I realized that even though I felt like an idiot for switching schools, I did it of my own accord. And now, we just wait and see if I can last all four years without my best friends by my side.

So there it is, Heather Day in writing. Those are the three big events in my life that were life altering. One that almost killed me, one that saved my life and the other that made me decide whether I wanted everyday friendship or a career in my future. But in that last big event, I noticed I could juggle both. And these experiences are what make me different from the rest of the female teenage population. Even though I'm still a teenager, I'm more mature than the rest, and that is why I tell my story.
© Copyright 2006 HMDay (hmday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165805-My-Life-Story