*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166049-Dreams-of-a-mirror
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1166049
read it and find out
DON'T expect this to be exceptional i really am not very good

Dreams of a mirror

Prologue

The people of Haven once joked and laughed of things long passed but now the laughter came no more. For the city of Haven was under siege, the city had held for many months now thanks to its noble Druids and bountiful grain tanks, but alas food was now scarce and when it was found it was usually rotten. Lord Elin knew from the moment that the necromancers attacked that the citadel would fall and it was for this reason that he found himself and his new born twins on the long road from, Haven to the world were magic was not supposed to exist.

Chapter 1: 15 years later

Samantha and Catharine sat at the breakfast bar with there father eating a Sunday lunch, as promised there father, Lei was taking them to the cinema, for there 15th birthday.
“So what do you two want to see when we get there” Lei asked through a mouthful of egg,
“Hoot” Samantha and Catharine replied simultaneously
“And when we get home you’ll open your presents, correct” Lei said
“Yep” Catharine proclaimed
“Well, that was the worst movie I’ve ever seen” Lei said in annoyance
“Come on you didn’t even like those owls” Samantha stated
“As a matter of fact I didn’t” he said in such a tone she didn’t argue “come on lets go home”
When the trio got home they immediately moved to the lounge were all their presents were stacked.
Samantha and Catharine both gasped at the site, Lei had obviously out done himself with the decorations, there were gold streamers hanging from the ceiling. Pictures of the two girls on the walls, he had cleaned the place (for once), and in place of the TV there was a glistening silver birch tree. The tree in itself was not that extraordinary, though the glitter he had used looked almost like it was dancing. And on top of the decorations there was a smell of baking in the air.
Catharine was the first to come to her senses, “what are you cooking dad?” Catharine enquired taking in a deep breath of the sweet smelling air.
“banana bread” he replied taking a trey out of the oven, Samantha was still gazing in awe at her surroundings, “Sam, are you in there” Catharine said mockingly knocking her on the head,
“what, oh … yeah” she replied “yeah I was just wondering where that door came from, its probably just a decoration though”.
“No its not a decoration it’s a door” Lei said in a voice that was grave and mysterious “It was foolish of me to think that this day would not come”
“what day” Samantha asked a trifle scared at her fathers voice
“The day that you would be accepted” he said and before the girls could ask any more of their father he quickly skulked off to his room.
“Should we open it” Catharine said is a shaky voice
“Well we might as well” Samantha said walking towards the door “I mean what harm could it do” And before Catharine could argue she opened the door and was inside.

Chapter 2 inside the room

Catharine reluctantly followed Samantha through the door, as she stepped inside the room she was wishing she had not as the sight that met her eyes was not a pretty one, the walls of this room were covered in grime yellow in colour that let off an odour so terrible it is best left without a description. The floor was covered with bones of some sort stained brown with age.
“Disgusting isn’t it?” She jumped at the sound of her father’s voice
“Yes it is where are we?” Catharine replied
“Under the house of course” He said in a snappy voice that made it sound as if she should already know that. “Have you seen Samantha Yet?” Catharine asked “No I haven’t” He said in a worried tone “please god don’t have gone too far”. As they walked they could both hear the crunching of bones underfoot up ahead, “there” Samantha said in an excited tone “Up ahead I can hear something”
“Don’t get to excited, you never know what’s going to be in these caves, it might not be her at all” Lei said as they walked through a particularly nasty patch of slime covered bones “ok now your starting to scare me” Catharine whispered shivering in the cold “What else lives down here” “Oh many things most of which you and I would not like to meet” he said “like” she prompted “Like ogres, dark mages and a very nasty cannibalistic tribe of shadow people” “Oh” she conveyed “Oh isn’t how id put it” her father concluded. From that point on they walked in silence.
After a while the two found Samantha walking beside what looked like a big hairy man. “Is that you Iorek” Lei shouted at the two figures approaching “I” the thing called Iorek shouted “It’s me”. “How longs it been” the thing shouted again “10-15 years”, “Yes 15 Iorek, has the clan survived” my father said as the two got closer “yea it has, good thing too or I wouldn’t be here to save your daughters neck” “I had it under control” Samantha butted in “Yeah you did you were hanging over the edge of a snorlaxes burrow” Iorek bellowed laughing like a hyena.
“Would y’u like to join the clan f’r a mead t’onight” Iorek asked looking hopeful “have you still got the scrying mirror” Lei asked “Oh I” “then I think we better, come in you two” he said shaking the girls shoulders as if to wake them up.
© Copyright 2006 darknessdwarf@hotmail.com (darknessdwarf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166049-Dreams-of-a-mirror