*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168565-Which-Hat-Do-You-Love-to-Wear-Ch-3
by Budroe
Rated: E · Chapter · LGBTQ+ · #1168565
If you could only keep one hat, which one would it be?
How Many Hats Do You Wear?
If You Could Only Wear One Hat... Chapter 3

By: M. B. "Bud" Fields, Jr. (Chaplain Bud)


Copyright(c) 2006 by Grand Organ Productions, LLC
All Rights Reserved


I sometimes think that what I spend most of my time doing is fitting my life up under the hat I am wearing, whatever hat that may be. Like stuffing your hair up under a hat, you know? (Yeah, well I use ta did!!)

Sometimes it seems like I don’t choose the hat, but rather the hat chooses me--and jumps right out of the hat closet and onto my head! Do you ever feel like that? Do you feel like you are forced to wear a hat that just doesn't fit? "Everybody's wearing this hat!" "Wear this hat, and be cool!" Or maybe someone you love, or really respect tells you that you HAVE to wear a hat that you know is the wrong hat for you to wear. Do you wear hats you don't even like, or hats that don't fit, just to please someone else? Do you just "go along" to avoid the drama?

It snugs itself into its most comfortable position, and says “Yeah! Now, There! Deal with it!” That’s why I have a hat closet in the first place! I have to keep the hats organized, so that I can reach the right one at the right time! Sometimes I get really funny looks from people because of my hats. I will be wearing my “I am good!” hat, while being anything but to a waitress, for instance.

And, that makes me sad.

And, I must be honest with you. There are some hats I own that I just never, EVER wear in public.

My “I am a grump!” hat very seldom sees the light of day. I don’t think I have ever purposely picked out my “I am a Sinner!” hat to complete my ensemble. I have lots of hats that I own, but seem never to wear. I am trying to get comfortable with my "I'm not older than dirt, I just suggested the color!" hat, but sometimes people try to smack it off my head.

Do you have hats like that, too? My “I am a smoker!” hat doesn’t get much action these days, either. I think it stays pretty close, most days, to my “I am a disappointment!” hat, or my “I am worthless!” hat. And, they know very well where my “I am ugly, fat, and bald-headed!” hat lives, believe me. It’s a condo!

Sometimes, when I am feeling really full of myself, I will jerk out my “I am HIS!” hat, but that’s usually just for Church.

Church. Now, THERE’S a hat for ya. I call it my “I am Holy!” hat. I think sometimes that the only thing the Catholic Church got right was the Pope’s hat. You never have to ask who is wearing it when you see that hat comin’ at ya, now do ya?

How come?

I always knew my Papaw’s hats, too. And I could always know it was my Papaw coming. Not so much by the hat that he wore, but rather how he wore it.

Study Break # 3

Of all the hats you have identified, which one is your absolute favorite? Which hat, of all the hats you wear around your life, would you truly feel naked without? If, of all the hats you have to choose from, you could only choose one to wear for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Would it be your favorite sports team? Would it be your favorite logo? Choose the hat, write it down, and then continue reading when you are ready. Heck, you can even put that favorite hat on your head right now if you want to.

I'll meet you in Chapter 4.

Soli Deo Gloria!
© Copyright 2006 Budroe (kybudman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168565-Which-Hat-Do-You-Love-to-Wear-Ch-3