*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169644-DARK-DEEDS-REQUIRE-DARKNESS
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest · #1169644
Written for the Slapstick and Socery Contest

DARK DEEDS REQUIRE DARKNESS


Winnie, the witch, had been banished from the warmth of Florida to the icy cold regions of Alaska by Wierman, the Warlock. Having no winter clothing and no generator for the motor of her broom, she sat alone on the side of an iceberg, very dejected.

Winnie gazed wistfully up at the moon, and watched as it disappeared behind clouds, leaving the sky in darkness. Ah, she thought, dark deeds require darkness and now is my time to get revenge on Wierman!

The northern lights were beautiful, and it was hard to concentrate on the evil plans she had in mind for that wayward warlock. She shut her eyes tight and began to chant, quietly at first, then letting her voice rise to loudspeaker volume.

Wierman sat under a palm tree sipping his umbrella-decorated drink. His thoughts were on the dastardly deed he had bestowed on Winnie.

Somewhere in the mid-West, the thoughts of Winnie and Wierman collided. Winnie fell over in a dead faint, landing on her frozen broom, and Wierman's sunburned body began to sizzle. "What I need is a bit of ice!" Wierman thought.

As his thoughts traveled through time and space, he found himself sitting on top of an iceberg in Alaska, being watched by hungry polar bears who didn't believe in sorcery! All the while, Winnie had thought of the warmth of the sun, and soon she was flying south on her defrosted broom, landing beside Wierman's beach chair. She made herself comfortable and finished his drink.

Winnie dyed her hair blonde, reached for her travel guide, searching for another place to send Wierman. She found the perfect spot In the jungles of South America! She could hardly wait for the sun to go down.

On the iceberg, Wierman rallied enough to put a reverse wish spell on Winnie, knowing that whatever she had planned next would transport her instead of him!

Unfortunately, the icy chill of the north diluted his spell, and quick as a wink, they were both transported to the jungle!

Winnie enjoyed the jungle, as there were plenty of spiders and toads to put in her evening meal. Wierman finally gave up and married Winnie and they lived peacefully for the next thousand or so years! Both became sun-worshippers, because you know what happens when the sun goes down..


The moral of this story is: Be careful what you wish for in the dark!

Countrymom
10/19/06
© Copyright 2006 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169644-DARK-DEEDS-REQUIRE-DARKNESS