*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170186-A-little-thing-called-Life
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Experience · #1170186
A rambling rant about life with some comedic observations. Do not take too seriously!
As if any of us get what we would really like in life anyway! *Angry*
Some of us long for wide open spaces and pollution free environments. Some of us long for good health, prosperity and a fleeting glimpse of the old waiter love. Afterall that's what love is, an old, decrepid waiter, draped in cobwebs of old romantic notions, trembling with the sense of promise and dusted with the reminants of broken hearts. Oh and love, when it finally gets to your table and plonks down the plate, is rarely up to your expectations but with metaphors you can't complain to the chef. *Smile*
Many times we all do things we are certain could have been done better. Or alternatively, we all regret not doing certain things that would, we believe, have undoubtedly brought that doddery old waiter to the table a darn sight quicker and with a bit more to offer. But as fate allows us these quanderies it seems foolish not to do things saying - "We all make mistakes but we don't all have to admit to them"
or "Life's a bitch but don't let the bastards get you down."
There is, after all, no harm in the occasional blase remark and flippant cliches are often accepted as inherently truisms. It's when we start being placidly regretful that the rot sets in. If we can all say openly, "I really should have taken that man/woman in my arms and kissed him/her and said 'I love you', it was stupid not to, I had nothing to loose!" The world would be for sure a much more interesting place. *Blush*
Many of us see life as a toilet paper roll. We all enjoy starting it off, merrily tugging away, until it gets nearer the end and we become more cautious. Using it less and less, until eventually we stop going to the loo as much because we don't want to be the one to use the last of it and have to go to the hassle of changing to a fresh roll. Your only option - be brave and buy in bulk! *Laugh*
© Copyright 2006 Phaedra (phaedra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170186-A-little-thing-called-Life