*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170979-Reading-0-Arsenal-4
by Marcus
Rated: E · Column · Sports · #1170979
Arsenal return to winning ways to give Wenger perfect birthday.
Arsenal returned to winning ways after the disappointment of their midweek excursion to CSKA Moscow.They thrashed a gritty Reading side 4-0 at the imposing Madjeski Stadium.

On manager Arsene Wengers birthday the gunners played fittingly brilliant football to rip through the home team almost at will.Thierry Henry put his midweek frustration behind him to give his side the lead within 56 seconds of the start.Arsenal never looked back from then on as some neat interplay between Tomas Rosicky and Alexander Hleb ended with the latter firing powerfully into the roof of the net.

Francesc Fabregas controlled the game from midfield in the same week that he signed an amazing 8 year extension to his Arsenal contract.He had a hand in both first half goals and was the instigator again as Robin van Persie scored the 3rd just after the break to cap another flowing passing move.It was a goal which was symbolic of the playing method that Wenger has made Arsenal renowned for during his 10 years at the helm.Sprinkled with great technique,movement and finishing.

Captain fantastic Henry added gloss to a great display with a 4th from the penalty spot to ensure a comfortable last 15 minutes for the London side.5 straight premiership wins then for Arsenal as they begin to flex their muscles in the title chase.When they are on song their rivals can only admire the way the gunners go about their business.3 points gained in true Arsenal Wenger fashion then,Happy Birthday Professor.
© Copyright 2006 Marcus (marcuss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170979-Reading-0-Arsenal-4