*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171575-Celestine-Stream
by Rucah
Rated: E · Fiction · Spiritual · #1171575
A short fable
An eagle was lying on the ground.
He was not hurt, but still unable to get up.

A dove flew over to the black eagle and looked him over.
She could see no wrong with him, save the suffering of his heart, and cupped her wing over him, saying,
"Don't worry, I'll watch over you." He turned from her, but did not move.

Though it started to rain, the eagle showed no interest, and only waited for the dove to leave.
She couldn't move him with her small body,
so she spread both of her wings over him, and rested her head over his.

The eagle was endeared to her, and she kissed him.

Things passed them by, occasionally scorning them or speaking their mind,
but the eagle would growl, and the dove would pay no mind.

In the middle of the night, while she was keeping him warm, and was being kept warm in return,
the eagle got to his feet and sneered at his dove, and said, "Leave me; I no longer want you here."

So, he flew away and left her.
Though she cried, she flew away and tried to find a home for herself.
She often looked into the night sky, and wondered about her eagle.

One evening she was flying and heard a scream below her.
Her eagle had been attacked, and she quickly stepped between him and his enemy.
Still angry, they attacked the dove, but eventually flew away.

She looked over her eagle, and seeing no wrong with him, wiped away his tears.

"Why did you come for me?" he asked her.
"We are partners," she said. "It is never a mistake that two souls, only open for one another, meet."

The eagle nodded, and kissed his dove.

Where he went, she followed, with endless affection for her eagle, and he kept his dove under his wing, guiding her.
© Copyright 2006 Rucah (lierran at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171575-Celestine-Stream