*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171589-The-Cottage-in-the-Snow
Rated: E · Sample · Romance/Love · #1171589
This is just something that came out for my short story that might turn into a book.
The cold winter air blew, upsetting the blanket of snow that seemed to cover the earth while a man walked home in the snow. As snow fell onto his head he thought about how beautiful the snow was, even though it was bitterly cold, and headed towards his cottage home. Inside the warm cottage was a postcard picture: a young lady, curled up by the fire. She was beautiful and wore her hair down showing her beautiful, flowing silky hair. Her face was unlike any other, so that any man would consider nothing fairer. Her eyes held life, love and depth. In them, there was also sadness. The woman held herself limply, as if lifeless and weak. She wore a brown camisole and white sweatpants that were straight out of a fashion fitness catalog. She gazed into the fire with a look of deep sadness. She pulled the old blanket closer around her, as if life itself were cold. Silently, a tear trickled down her face. Into the cottage came a man, who was handsomer than one would have believed was possible. His cheekbones were perfectly chiseled, his hair a soft brown that matched his loving, deep, affectionate eyes. He pulled off his coat and put it on the little coat rack he had made the year before. Seeing his wife, he came up behind her and held her in his arms. The woman put her hand on his arm and closed her eyes. Exhaling, she rested her head on the man’s muscled, warm chest. He pulled her closer and whispered something in her ear. She hugged him, and he hugged her. The man spoke to her, wiping a tear away. “It’s alright,” he said, “no matter what happens, I will always love you.” She looked at her husband trustingly, and he put his hand on her neck and kissed her. The man kissed her for a long, long time…
© Copyright 2006 Lily Colonstone (pineapplegal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171589-The-Cottage-in-the-Snow