*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172633-ShadowWeaver-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1172633
The introduction to a fantasy novel I am working on. Very Brief.
The shadow flowed over the dark steps of the highly adorned structure that loomed ahead, under the shroud of twilight it went unnoticed. The pace the dark intruder set was inhuman, the success of the task at it’s cold hand was all but inevitable.

After countless halls and corridors the dark mist materialized into a black-garbed man in the torch light. The elite guards noticed and immediately drew their weapons and sought to summon reinforcements, but their training never prepared them for this. Unspeakable agony grew in their chest, the burning ache tainted the rest of their bodies in a mere moment, they were mortally injured and silenced, their dying sight was the intense darkness of their murderer’s cloak.

The Lord of the castle awoke, not because of the death of his guards, for it was soundless, but with an inexplicable feeling of dread that pooled inside him. The woman beside him brought him no comfort, he was unmarried, this was one of his many consorts. His blood became as cold as the harshest winter as the source of his dread appeared in his chamber, his outstretched hand was covered in a sickening cloud of darkness as the intruder plunged his arm into the Lord’s chest. Not a word was muttered, the once great noble softly fell into his silken bed. Locked into the vision of the ruler was the intruder’s eyes. Crystalline blue eyes.


A mournful shriek broke the morning air....
© Copyright 2006 P. Larabee (zeikon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172633-ShadowWeaver-Introduction