*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174269-The-Carnival
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1174269
A book about long lost love, vampires, and the carnival.
Chapter One

The carnival was here agian and Bailey had no intention of going, but her best friend, Sara planned to drag her into it. She and her boyfriend Alex were going. It was a big deal for them. Sara loved the carnival - all of the sights and sounds and she had an un-natural obsession with carnies. All of the "folk" as she called them were interesting and led the best lives. Bailey thought that she was full of shit. Too many rides on the zipper, she always told her. The first night the carnival was in town, Bailey was hiding in her room.

"I don't want to go, Sara," Bailey told her.

Sara disapeared in her closet for a minute then emurged with a red tunic dress, with purple beaded belt and flat black shoes. She threw them at Bailey.

"Listen, I know that you don't want to go only because Mathew will be there and that is a shit reason. You guys have been over for a week and you need to get over it," she bagan. "Plus there will be a load full of hot carnies that will so catier to your ego. Now with this dress, tonight will be your night." Sara finished.

Bailey remembered Mathew and how they loved to go to the carnival together. He had broken up with her because of a dream that he had. It was stupid and he was stupid, Bailey thought. She sat there for a minute, then began to get dressed. Afterwords she looked at herself in the mirror. Her medium length red hair framed her face. The tunic dress showed off her large bussom and huged her sides, showing off her curves. She wasn't pail, but Bailey definatly knew that a trip to the tanning bed was needed. The tunic covered her tatoo, a purple butterfly. Satifsfied Bailey and Sara walked to Alex's car and got in. In the back seat was Derek Moore. He kissed her on the cheek.

"I am so glad that we are all going to the carnival togther," Derek said.

Bailey had once went on one date with him. It was horrible. He kept trying to make a move on her, but eneded up falling and hurting himself. Bailey became completely discusded with him when he picked his nose and then stuck his finger in his mouth. Bailey hadn't touch mexican food since then. She shot a hateful glance at Sara and Alex. Bailey made an excuse to get out of the car.

"Oh, damn," she said looking in her purse. "I forgot my cell phone, Sara come with me to get it," she demanded.

Sara and Bailey got out of the car and walked back inside. Once inside, Bailey dropped her purse on the table.

"What is Booger doing in the back seat of Alex's car?" she asked.

Sara looked at her for a minute before speaking.

"Well Alex thought that you might be akward being the third wheel and all. Don't blame me, it was all his idea," Sara explained.

Quickly Bailey picked up her phone out of her purse and called Alex. He answered after the first ring.

"Hello?" Alex said knowing exactly who it was.

"What is your problem?" Bailey yelled into the phone.

"What are you talking about?" Alex replied, unsure what she was talking about.

"Booger, that is what I am talking about. I would much rather be the third wheel than have to endure being in the presence of the human booger," Bailey said.

She hung up the phone and looked at Sara.

"I think that I will take my motercyclle to the carnival, I will meet you at the gate okay?" Bailey snapped.

Sara left silently. Bailey grabbed her coat and purse and left for the carnival-on her own.
© Copyright 2006 Eian Ward (e_n_ward at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174269-The-Carnival