*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175544-Forgiveness
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1175544
A woman hopes for her family's return on Thanksgiving Day...
Thanksgiving Tag


Prompt: Write me a story about a family that comes together after a difficult time for Thanksgiving.
__________________________________

Stuff the turkey.

         Megan had found the lingerie under the car seat, her name in his cell phone. When confronted he denied everything, claiming Redhead had come on to him in his moment of weakness. He still loved Megan and always will. Pity she hadn't listened and kicked him out of the house. Let him have his fun with Redhead slut.

Bake the ham.

         Her oldest son was involved in a gang, drawing up plans in his computer to take over a school. Horror and shock had resonated through Megan's soul, unable to believe her once angelic Aaron was going to become a hoodlum. Her last resort was to send him to a school for juveniles. She sincerely hoped he would learn his lesson there.

Toss the salad.

         Her youngest boy was a social outcast, never listened and didn't seem to care. Last night he slammed the door in her face, calling her a witch for chasing everyone away. She had sat on her bed, alone and so cold, sobbing silently and praying for redemption. She was a good mother. She had really tried so hard. Why didn't anyone understand? Why couldn't they see?

Set the table.

         The doorbell rang, her oldest son arrived. Luggage in one hand, humility in the other. He wept in her embrace, as younger brother watched from the steps with a small smile on his face. Standing behind him, outside in the cold, her husband stood shivering in readiness to leave. Shame and embarrassment lined his handsome features, hope and a silent plea within his blue eyes. She took a deep breath and gave a thankful smile. God had deemed it fit to answer her prayers.

Light the candles.

         "Dinner's ready," she said to her boys. "Let's eat and have ourselves a happy Thanksgiving."




Word Count: 300




© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175544-Forgiveness