*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177326-The-color-of-turquoise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1177326
Michael Wilton awakens for find himself in strange surroundings & surreal circumstances.
The morning dew glistened on the grass like silver; the air was cool and crisp and smelled faintly of spring. Michael Wilton lay on his back on the cold pavement dazed and confused for a few moments before attempting to rise. Where was he, how had he gotten here? These were the questions running through his mind.
He remembered leaving the campus library last evening just as it was getting dark. He remembered the strange color of the early night sky, odd sort of sky for this time of year. Yet that was all he could recall. These were no clues to lead him to understand why he was laying here on the cold pavement or nothing to point out where he was. Bizarre was the only way to describe the circumstance he now found himself in.
Michael attempted to get to his feet and found that every muscle reacted with a searing pain. Looking down at his hands he found two diamond shaped holes in the palm of each. Upon closer inspection found he was completely naked. Four more of these diamonds shaped holes were also located on the top of each now naked foot and one on the center of each thigh.
Bewildered at the surreal images before his eyes Michael inserted his index finger into the hole in his right thigh. Oddly enough he experienced no pain for this action. There was no feeling at all. No pain, no blood, just six meticulously cut diamond shaped holes in his body. Although the rest of his naked body seemed to remain free of any harm it cried out from every fiber with intense pain.
Michael tried a second time to get up with no success and then a third time. It would seem that all his muscles had become flaccid and incapable of holding his body.
It was then that he seen them: those turquoise eyes glistening from the darkness at the end of the deserted alleyway. They were hidden in the dark recess behind a large dumpster. Eyes which were silent, still, and watching him.
© Copyright 2006 Cricket Mayer (ed-nurse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177326-The-color-of-turquoise