*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177347-Ive-Got-Love
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1177347
This is my story about love between family and friends based on my life!
Love...where to start? I am only thirteen, and I am not dating yet, so I will start with my family. I am the youngest of a family with four children. I have one sister and two brothers. To be specific, my sister, K, is seventeen years old. My brother R is eighteen and my other brother B is twenty-seven. My mom is...well you can do the math. My dad doesn't know his "real" birthday...but he is probably around sixty. All the children of my family were born in the States. My parents were born in China/ Taiwan. Recently (about a year ago) we moved to China.

Today, it seems like no one wants to have children. The women get fat and both parents must put in a lot of money, effort, and time to raise a child. Also, teenagers do not want baby sisters or brothers to look after. This is the exact opposite for me. I am happy everyday because of my siblings. If I were an only child, I would honestly see much less of the world. I feel that my brothers and sister have given so much to me and it is really sad to see them go off to college and away from me.

K and I have always had our fights. The one I remember best is when I was just five years old. I was in the shower, and K comes in the restroom. She takes a cup of cold water from the faucet and pours it over the shower door. I get mad and tell her to stop. Of course, she takes another cup of cold water and pours it on me. So I step out of the shower and take my cup, fill it with cold water, and throw it at her. Pretty soon, we are having a waterfight inside our bathroom! We've got both our faucets on, a cup in each hand, and a craziness in our brains that won't let us stop. My mom comes in, yelling, to find the whole bathroom (windows, toilet, and tables) completely wet.

I always thought my sister was kind of bossy. Like whenever I want her to teach me how to bake something, all she teaches me is how to get the milk out and wash the dishes. She also asks a lot of funny questions. Just a few weeks ago, my family was driving to Shanghai. When we passed a toll booth, my sister asked, "Do they ever go home?" My dad responds, " Of course!" My sister says, "Oh, so when they go home, cars can just go through without paying?!!" K is also very smart, it is just that no examples come to mind...at the moment.

Out of the three of us (K, R, and me), R likes China best. I can understand why. People here are so friendly it is easy to make friends. Taxis provide easy transportation. Everything is within reach, and clubs are not dangerous to go to. He is also the one who spends money the fastest! I think he is a sweet brother. Once, I locked myself out of my room (on accident of course)! Because it is a new house, we didn't have the keys, and we couldn't open the door using a screwdriver. Just as luck would have it, it was during the night and I had left my light on. R jumped onto the roof, climbed to the second floor, and through my window for me! It was really dangerous though because there was nothing beneath my room to support him if he fell. Also, another time when I got a deep gash in my leg... R carried me straight out into the car and our driver drove us to the hospital. Afterschool, if he sees I have a lot of textbooks weighing me down, he will even carry some of my books for me! The scary thing is I never noticed it until at a parent teacher conference. I went with my mom so she would not get lost at the school. R's teacher was saying how nice it was of R to carry my books. She said her brother would have never done that. Then my mom tells the teacher how R was carrying me to and from the hospital when I was injurred. I was almost in tears!!

My oldest brother, B, is still in America since he already has a job. As you probably can guess, we are not as close. Still, I really respect him and I know he cares about this family a lot. He is always talking to us about college and how we can prepare for it.

My dad is a great dad! He gets along with others very well. He likes to show off a lot, but he really is knowledgable. If he sees that I am not happy, he always tries to change that. Also, my dad is very important because he is the reason we moved to China. I think that out of all my family, he is the one willing to make big changes even though it might be scary. I really like China...maybe more than America. There are a lot of people and a lot more population. But the people here are so much more sincere and just the selection of places to play here are so much wider. It is not like someone can just tell you this, you have to come here and live. You have to see for yourself what the culture is like. Look past the polution and over population...you will be surprised! I am glad my dad decided to move.

My mom is equally great. She supports all of us kids and is very open. I like that about my mom a lot. I cannot believe so many kids in America are embarrassed by their parents. I like it when my mom is singing karaoke even though guests are over.

Another member of my family, is my dog, DooDoo. He loves to bite. He has bit my brother, my sister, and my nanny twice. He has bit the cow hide under my piano into shreds. Nevertheless, I believe Doo Doo is what holds this family together.

As for love outside the family, I am not quite sure about it. I do not think there is this perfect someone out there. It really is not a matter of who is the best person for you...because how can you compare people? They don't have price tags on them like calculators or something! It is just a matter of time. I guess when two people both feel unafraid of the past, present, and future, then that is love. I have always thought of it like a board game. You want to reach a certain point and each time you go into love thinking it isn't the right choice, you are taking a step backwards from your destination. Each time you get out of love feeling lost, you are somehow...mysteriously, taking a step forward. You just have to be stong and continue. SO I REALLY HOPE YOU GO FOR IT!
© Copyright 2006 michelle (h.michelley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177347-Ive-Got-Love