*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179224-My-Thoughts-On-Music
Rated: E · Prose · Music · #1179224
The title says it all. These are my thoughts on music and how important it is to my life.
Music is a healing force. It separates us from our soma, and washes our souls clean, paints pictures from the past on a canvass in our hearts, and sheds sweet light on the hope of a new day. Hyoshi, childs clap, rhythm. It is in all things. A benevolent force which cannot be denied. The stars and the tides are the back beat to this complex human drama as we beep our way into the circling unknown, riding this little galaxie at a steady 4/4. I hear there is a bridge coming soon, and when we cross over that flaming crescendo we will descend in arpeggio into a familiar new. The sun will go on singing siren songs to the night as the moon chases her across the sky, The tides will endure, lapping at the feet of lovers, and the morose sounds from a bourbon soaked piano will still draw the saltwater truth from the eyes of one who has lost. Music, melody and rhythm amalgamate into manna that feeds the body and soul. Music, a conduit through which we communicate with our maker. Music, the true form of prayer. Make a joyous noise, for when we cross over into that familiar new we shall leave behind a holy vibration.

© Copyright 2006 R. S. LeMire (lemire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179224-My-Thoughts-On-Music