*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179644-Black-Rain
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1179644
A flash fiction beginning of my attempt at a fantasy epic.
         Her tears fell, dark and terrible to behold. The earth shook with each crash. Her sorrow soon turned to anger, lighting her eyes red with doom for all within sight. And then…silence: a silence that gave warning of the wrath to be inflicted upon those who aggrieved her. Thereafter began the fall of the Ravendori. With a great cry of anger and sorrow, Ethenelia put to death the very beings she created. For with her cry came great wind, carrying a storm more devastating than any beheld in that time, nor in any time thereafter. The Ravendori, crushed by boulders of ice that fell from the sky, and scorched by showers of lightening, were smitten on that night when Ethenelia could no longer witness their growing pride.
         “Ethenelia, queen of the air, creator of the most soothing winds, painter of the most beautiful skies, why is it that you have done this?” demanded a thunderous voice, deep and vibrant.
         “Lord Amanë, my people, the Ravendori, they had betrayed my every wish. I gave them all that they would need, yet they still sought more and more. I could no longer watch them throw aside things of beauty that I created for them. I could no longer watch them destroying those things which I crafted with love for them!” cried Ethenelia.
         “Dear Ethenelia, it is of your own creation that such heartbreak has come to pass. All created beings are given wills of their own, none perfect but mine. You cannot expect any creation to live for each of your desires. That is not life. That is slavery. I will not allow it. What you have done is near-unforgivable, but I see into your heart and find repentance. You know now why I alone am Creator.”
© Copyright 2006 C.T. Golden (jakvengeance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179644-Black-Rain