*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179666-Friends-of-One-hundred-Years
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1179666
More flash fiction, building upon my fantasy epic in-the-works.
         “Kadnugrauf! Leave the beast alone!”
         “Ehhhh. Kadnugrauf…leave the beast alone… It’s just a dog!” replied Kadnugrauf, scornfully staring at the beast he just kicked. “A stubborn, disobedient dog at that!”
         The two dwarves had been best allies for nearly one-hundred years. Still, not one day would pass without quarrel. Kadnugrauf, slightly shorter than Dagrundorf, but certainly no less weak, was always of stern face, full of wrinkles. His eyebrows in a permanent arch, it was difficult to think any kindness could come from his mouth.
         “That’s enough! Now come, we have been called to council. If we do not reach Ekleburg by noon we shall both be beaten, and worse than the kicks you gave poor Darfus.”

         “Hmmm…so…Kadnugrauf and Dagrundorf arrive at last. Do you not see the position of the sun?”
         The two were silent, never making eye contact with their lord. Lord Agrundauf could at times be terrible to behold, dark eyes, black beard, and bald head.
         “Nevertheless, you are here now, and so I will take advantage and get to the matter of why I have called upon you two. There is a spy wandering our lands.”
© Copyright 2006 C.T. Golden (jakvengeance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179666-Friends-of-One-hundred-Years