*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180304-Just-Believe-With-Your-Heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1180304
An Inspirational Christmas Essay
JUST BELIEVE WITH YOUR HEART………

BY JD Paige


The Christmas lights were twinkling all over town. The dark silent night held a mysterious feeling of anticipation. As I sat on the steps drinking my cup of steaming coffee, I gazed up at the sparkling stars dazzling the midnight sky. I felt foolish. It was Christmas Eve and here I was, 40 years old and waiting in the crisp, cold winter night for what? To hear the distant sound of jingle bells from Santa’s sleigh? To view an unknown red glow race across the sky?

With fervent anticipation I listened to the thick silence dominating the black night. There were no bells to break the silence; no red glow to light up the sky.

Instead, I saw a majestically bright star gleaming its Holy light from way up high. I heard the quiet trotting of camels across the desolate sand. The excited voices of shepherds and wise men echoed throughout the night, followed by the mournful bay of a cow and the soft bleating of sheep. I could smell the sweet scent of hay mixed with the musty aroma of a stable. From afar came the heavenly sound of joyful voices praising the holiness of the night. An infant’s quiet cooing sent shivers racing up my spine.

As I quickly looked around, I felt rather than heard a soothing voice whisper gently in my ear, “Fear Not…..”. At the same time, a frosty breeze tenderly caressed my chilled cheeks like a warm kiss from an angel. Suddenly the holiness of the night shot straight through my soul. Although the whole town was quiet with everyone snuggled in their warm beds, I felt like singing from the top of my lungs, “O’ Come All Ye Faithful…”.

With the last gulp of my coffee removing the chill from my body, I headed inside with a renewed sense of peacefulness and joy for this blessed night. Turning to take one last look at the glorious bright star shinning down on me, I realized Christmas was a blessed emotion that exists only in your heart, not a materialistic holiday. I also discovered that Santa Clause is a feeling rather than a figure. He is the twinkle in every child’s eye. He is the mirth when loved ones come together under the tree on Christmas Day. If you can look beyond that which exists directly in front of you, if you believe with your heart, the true meaning of Christmas can be experienced and good tidings of great joy will enfold you.

This Christmas, take a moment to step outside in the silent night. View the bright Holy star shinning down from afar. Sip your steaming cup of coffee and listen with your heart as well as your ears and you just might hear a multitude of heavenly angels praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace and good will toward all men”. But don’t be surprised if you also hear the jingling of bells and see a red glow racing across the sky. Just smile, finish your cup of Folgers, and snuggle under the warm covers, because when you believe with your heart, anything is possible!
© Copyright 2006 DJ Herber (1dreambeliever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180304-Just-Believe-With-Your-Heart