*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180696-Christmas-Letter-to-Mama
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1180696
Leter from an abused girl to her mother, after being left with strangers for christmas.
Dear Mama,

How are you? I hope you and my brother made it ok to grandpa's house. I'm being good for Mrs. Burke like you told me. She made me a nice bed in the back room. It's a little dark in here, but if I leave the door open, I can get a little light from the back porch. She also gave me an extra blanket with pretty red flowers on it. She said the heat doesn't get back here good, so I just wear both pair of my pajamas. Her girls are nice to me. Mrs. Burke had me make their beds after I did the dishes, and then they let me play with one of their dolls. You should see all their presents under the christmas tree. They must have been real good this year. Mrs. Burke says she might have one for me too, if I do all my chores.

Mama, I miss you. I'm sorry I made you so mad at me the other day. I promise to try harder. I will be better, you'll see! Mrs. Burke is already teaching me how to wash the dishes faster and how to mop the floor real good. She said if I try real hard, that you will be proud of me. I want you to love me, just like you love my brother. I know it's hard on you since daddy left and that is what is making you so sad.

Mr. Burke took me to our house yesterday. We cleaned up the broken glass from the liquor bottles that I made you break. We couldn't get all that sticky stuff off the wall though. He said it would have to be painted again. I'm so sorry for making you throw things. We also cleaned up the christmas tree. Most of the decorations are ok, but a few got broke. Mr. Burke said he might be able to fix them. Mr. Johnson came over while we were there. I gave him all my presents like you told me to. He said the poor children would have a good christmas now. You were right by making me give my presents away. I was not good like you said, so I shouldn't get them.

Oh, I almost forgot, Dr. Stevens said the cuts on my legs and back should be gone before I go back to school after christmas. He gave Mrs. Burke some medicine to put on me, and it makes them feel better. Dr. Stevens said that my hair might have to be cut. He said that it's very hard to get wax out of hair. Mr. Burke was teasing me and said I would look like a boy. Mrs. Burke and Dr. Stevens made me tell this lady and a police man how I got the cuts, and I told them I fell down, just like you told me too. Then they made me sit outside for a long time. Dr. Stevens said he will call you and talk to you about me later.

Mama, I guess I should go to bed now. I really miss you. I can't wait to come home with you. Are you going to come get me after christmas? I want to show you how good I can be. Please!

I love you,
Cynthianna

P.S. If Mrs. Burke does give me a christmas present, do I have to give it to the poor children?
© Copyright 2006 Cynthianna (glennonsmom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180696-Christmas-Letter-to-Mama