*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181475-The-Letter
by Muse
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1181475
A mysterious letter.
I had awoken in my perfectly spotless bedroom inside of my perfectly spotless house to the golden rays from the sun glowing upon my body. Birds twittered about, singing for solely me. I made it a point to tell them that they could do better for one such as I.

My hair was slicked back, I wore a pair of khaki dress pants, and a chichi black shirt. My teeth gleamed at me through the mirror after I brushed them, and was satisfied that my face was entirely clean-shaven. I then resumed to make my way downstairs after making my bed with utmost care and perfection.

I had only stepped into the kitchen one foot when I noticed a peculiar envelope on my kitchen table. I thought it very queer indeed as I have an assigned place for my mail, and it most certainly was not on the table. I also had never seen the envelope before. It was a deep maroon, the colour that of a rose...I definitely would have known of such an odd item as that. A sweet vanilla scent permeating through the air from the envelope. Inside of it was a letter that read:


CONGRATULATIONS!

Mr. Chance Embros,
         We would like to congratulate you on your winning of an extravagant trip. This is the premier trip, and you are our trial winner. You have been chosen randomly for this via methods that would be complicated and boring to such a lucky person as yourself. This is an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime offer. We guarantee that this will be unlike anything you have ever beholden before. Our wonderful staff will make you feel right at home with their friendly personalities and 5-star hospitality. Please, if you have any questions or comments, our number is provided. We congratulate you once more, Mr. Embros. We will provide an escort for you that will arrive promptly at 10:00 AM.

Cordially,

The Staff of Larenuf Cruises

1-800-Larenuf



Needless to say, I was beside myself. All I thought of was the fact that I was going to be surrounded by women that would wait on me hand and foot, and possibly even lavish me with great riches.

It was precisely 10:00 AM, that my ride had arrived. It was a black stretch limousine with a leather interior, and smelled of such as well. It was dark with tinted windows almost to the point of complete blackness.

I was the only passenger inside the vehicle, and felt important. The air conditioner pushed a breeze of cool air that swept across my face as I closed my eyes whilst dreaming of what beautiful women that might encounter me; their will-power being tested to control themselves around me. I opened my eyes when the air seemed to become a mist that engulfed me, and I quickly faded into a deep sleep. Everything went dark...

I had awoken abruptly when we stopped with no symptoms of grogginess most get when first awoken. The door opened and, to my surprise, the sky had darkened...night had fallen. I then turned my attention to the person that had opened the door. It was a woman accompanied by 4 other women; all superbly formed with slender curves. I could not see their faces as they all wore veils, but I could see their eyes...all soft and deep. They beckoned me, giggling amongst one another. They encircled me as I left the vehicle, showering me with kisses and vibrantly coloured flowers.

"Welcome to the Tiger, I am Seraphim." The seeming leader of the girls spoke to me with a light voice. The other ladies then began to state their names, and repeating the statement "Welcome to the Tiger" in whispering hush-like voices. They lured me to the ship...The Tiger.

Once I had boarded the ship, the girls then pushed me away from them. They transformed into these hideous creatures. I slowly backed away, only to find myself trapped in a corner. Their eyes glowed a fiery red, and they hissed like serpents. The beasts tore apart their once attractive and tight-fitting clothes, revealing their black, scaly skin with some sort of blue slime covering them. My fear prohibited me from moving, my face froze with such a look of surprise and shock that I almost looked grotesque. I could hear the leading creature hissing and growling at me savagely. The others were chanting in whispered voices, but I couldn’t hear what.

It stayed that way for several minutes; me, cornered by the creatures until the leader advanced toward me, fangs bared. I stepped back against the wall, but it was no use...the she-devil herself lashed out at me and there was a sharp pain that electrified each of my branching nerves as she ripped a portion of flesh from my neck. My screams gurgled as hot blood filled my throat. They weakened quickly as the thread of life began to thin. The leader resumed to pull out a rather long sword from behind her and my eyes grew more wide.

One powerful swing decapitated my head and sent it rolling on the floor of the ship. Splatters of blood went everywhere and the beasts turned to the direction of my head. The leader then picked my head from the blood laden floor of the ship. She stared into my wide, shocked eyes; my mouth gaping, and smirked. My hearing became clearer then, and I could finally hear what the other creatures had been saying all along; "Whoever rides the tiger may never dismount."


I awoke suddenly at the completion of the fifth repetition of the phrase, I was sweating and breathing heavily. I waited for my vision to clear and looked around. To my horror, I was lying on the floor of the ship, staring at the body of my beheaded man self...mutilated, with chunks of flesh bitten off.
© Copyright 2006 Muse (majerialdo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181475-The-Letter