*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181585-Blessed-Be
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1181585
Basil tries witchcraft, it fails.
Blessed Be
By: Bunny’s Writing Corner
A//N:Some characters and a certain organization (Diren/GODDESS) mentioned in this short story do not belong to me. They are copyright to my friend Termina Overdrive, she hasn’t signed up for Writing dot com yet, but I hope she does. (I think she’s more imaginative than me, she’ll get reviews.) But the other ones belong to me. By the way, it’s fair to warn the 100% Christians out there that this story mentions Witchcraft, and personally I know you’d all be very mad at me that a half-angel is doing this. But what if she wasn’t religious? Hm? Would you be mad then?

And yet everyday, that her heart beats. She feels she would slowly die of a broken heart. She was in the bookstore one day, searching for a book. Not just any book, oh no. Not a children’s book, not a novel, not even a book with thousands of different short stories all in one book, she was actually looking for a book with miracles, something that’ll help her either get rid of this feeling of ’love’ or make someone fall in love with her.

Of course… that’s all she wanted anyway, was to be with this man she loved so much. It felt like she was obsessed, she couldn’t stop thinking about him, poetry came to mind and her true friends at home aren’t too pleased at how many poems one could write about this other.

She saw the clerk walk into the aisle where the books were held. He was rather a tall, 19-year-old man, with eyes the color of patriot blue and hair orange and very spiky. He wore a white shirt and black pants. All-in-all he was rather plain and to most people very boring, but still this girl find him as a friend, be he’s not what she yearns for, just a friend. He smiled gently.
“What can I do for you, Basil?” He questioned.
Her gray eyes were staring at the large collection of books, she stood there reading the titles of all of them.
“Do you have any Wicca books?” She questioned.

He looked at her in surprise.
“Gee, I thought you were highly religious, Basil.” He said. He only knew her because she came to the bookstore everyday to look at drawing books. And he only knew her briefly from the high school.
“No.” She answered with an apologetic smile. “I can’t read the bible, words are way too small.”

He nodded and searched for books on Wicca magic. Basil gave the man her allowance money. He sighed.
“Who are you doing this for, Basil?” He questioned. “Maybe I can suggest another way. And what’s it for?”
Basil didn’t want to say anything, but still said something, It choked her a little.
“No one.” She said. “And if you’re too obsessed with someone you really cannot let them go, can you?”

She walked away, carrying her books home. She was excited that she could be able to cast a love spell on the one she cared about. Her black school skirt was blowing in the wind since she was bouncing up and down, her short, blonde hair was moving to and fro, happily. She had a black school shirt along with the skirt everyday, she wore pretty buckled dress shoes that were black and she wore a pair of reading glasses all the time.

She always saw him while walking home from school she’d see this wonderful boy walk home from Diren Organization after a mission. The man was honest and kind towards Basil, but yet he had eyes on someone else, someone prettier than Basil is in his life, her name is Sonya. She is Basil’s trusted companion but she was too busy for her at GODDESS organization, which made her feel lonely even more, luckily she met up with two amazing people…no…creatures. One was a little aqua pixie named Cascade, she was sweet, bright and loved literature, the other was a little wolf-like creature named Thorn he had an ego on him, something Basil wishes she had and he has a love for any food. The two try continuously to make Basil happy and make her forget about this certain warrior of Diren and start anew with her life. Of course, it never works out for the both of them and they fall back to square one again & again. This tired Thorn deeply and worried Cascade.

“This is all Hematite’s fault.” Muttered Thorn to Cascade. “It’s always Hematite this, Hematite that. Can’t she find someone else for god’s sake? Just for once would I see Basil think of another guy rather than him all the time.”
Cascade shrugged, she sighed.
“Why do you think I know Basil’s mind, I really don’t, Thorn.” She said. “…and she’s going to do something she will regret. She’s practicing something off the wall, other words Wicca, I mean it’s all a hoax, isn’t it?”
Thorn nodded.
“Maybe.” He said, watching the girl light the candles. “What if this works?” Cascade looked at Thorn as if he grew a second head.
“Come now,” She said. “Are you sure a half-angel can summon a ‘love spell’, I don’t think so. I know, only pixies can cast magic, not a human nor half-angels, besides, her mother would blow a gasket if she heard her daughter was practicing Wicca.”
Thorn sighed.
“Listen Cascade, if you’re in love with someone, Doyle for example in your case-” Cascade’s face was red as a cherry.
“I’m not in love with the prince of the dragonfly kingdom!” She spat. Thorn gave a cruel snicker.
“…you’d do anything for them, regardless if your life is danger.” He had a smirk on his face. “Which you’d do anything for Doyle and try to catch his attention.” Cascade smacked Thorn over the head.
“OUCH!!” He yelled. “Can you tell me why I deserved that?”

Cascade sighed. The blue pixie sat on the desk watching Basil compose the spell together. She was putting everything in place. She grabbed a match and lit the candles. She closed her eyes and chanted,

“Thy will be by my side
Thy will try to be with me and only me,
I want you to be forever with thyself,
So often do I wish to be thy only one for you,
I will sacrifice life and limb only to be with you.”

She grabbed out a slip of paper and grabbed her red ink pen and wrote “Hematite” on it. She slipped it under the candle, she prayed that Hematite will be with her the next day.
But the next day was completely different, nothing went her way. When she walked out with a small bouquet in her hand she saw the blonde haired boy with long hair and pretty sky blue eyes hug a girl in a boy school uniform. Her flowers instantly died on her, she ran off, crying.

It didn’t work… She thought. He still loves my friend, this isn’t fair. Oh well, I cannot force him to be in a relationship with me, the only close relationship he’d want is friendship…Oh Basil why-

Hematite walked over he had a smile on his face, his teeth were straight and beautiful.
“Hey Basil,” He said. “What’s the matter? Are you okay?”
She hid her face behind her bag.
“Oh,” She began. “Nothing.”

She walked away.
“See you later.” She said. “Bye.”
© Copyright 2006 Bunny's Writing Corner (bunnygirl_09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181585-Blessed-Be