*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181596-Slow-To-Develop
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1181596
Some things just take time. (Me. Dah)
         This is the story of a slow developer… me.

         I’ve had some time to think about some things, and one of them happened to be how (and/or if) I’ve changed over the years (besides physically), and I started with when I lost my dog to bone cancer (a major “event” in my life).

         It all started when I lost my dog due to bone cancer back in nineteen eighty four, and I had no choice but to have her put to sleep. It was not something I wanted to do as we had 3 months shy of eight years of almost constant contact. I used to watch her every move, and each move told me something about how she felt. Most of her moves were “speaking” of how she felt towards me (kind of like what Jesus says to us all without speaking a word, but through His past actions).

         Now… I don’t want you to get the wrong idea here. I’m not “classifying” Jesus with a dog or animals, but rather using the comparison idea as something to relate to.

         Anyway, after her demise, I went for about eighteen months having this “empty” feeling inside of me. Finally, one day something told me to start putting my feelings and emotions down on paper. Now, mind you, I’m not a professional writer or anything close to that. But I started slowly, but simply, getting my thoughts together and down on paper. To begin with, my first words were “told” to me as if someone were saying “Now this is what I want you to say on paper.” I don’t know why, but I thought to myself “This is something I must obey.” From then on, I seemed to “go like gangbusters” writing whenever a thought came to mind (wherever it came to mind), and each time being “told” to write it down. Sometimes I would wake up out of a sound sleep and be “told” to write down a thought. About half way through all this writing, I got to thinking about some kind of “category” for all this material. I came up with “Quotations of The Heart” as a relating point for all this material. Here it is…two thousand and one, and I’m just now beginning to realize the main “source” of all the “something telling me to write this down, and almost telling me what to write as well”. I now believe it has all been coming from Jesus. For many of the pieces are of a religious nature. Not saying that what I have written is anything new or that of a revelation of sorts. But I believe that what I have written was written as simply as I could write it so anyone could “get the point” of what I was saying. I have approximately one hundred and fourteen pages of material. As the old saying goes, “Not everyone will appreciate everything”, but everything came from my heart and at the orders of Jesus. I sincerely believe that. I also believe that if I can get this published, my work for God will be finished, and I can finally go home to be with those who used me to do part of their work. And I am overwhelmingly honored and glad to have been chosen to be a part of that work. It has been an honor indeed.

          This is where I believe my writings all started.
© Copyright 2006 wrdz2liveby (wrdz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181596-Slow-To-Develop