*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182115-THE-BURNED-OUT-STAR
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Sci-fi · #1182115
A story that i wrote when i was 13years old?

The night was surrounded by darkness, all was pitch black, the sound of the gentle wind, was like the background music, lost in a world of darkness. Everyone was at home, enjoying themselves, under a comfortable shelter. No one was out there in the dark, but yet, under the dim streetlight, a familiar figure was far in the distance, there was no mistaking him; he was none other than Steven.

Unlike the other boys of the town, Steven was a quiet little small boy, and was rather an introvert. His spectacles, was too big for his head, which made him looked like a nerd. The other boys of the town, playing soccer almost everyday, oblivious to their surrounding. Steven wants to be an astronomer in the following years.

The night air was cold and stiff, but yet the so called gentle breeze felt like knife piercing into his skin. Steven wished he had worn more than just a t-shirt. He was freezing under the cold air, but yet his perseverance to watch a meteor, kept him alive through out the freezing air. He reached his destination, with pride and glory. He felt like a hero after braving the coldness of the night. He settled down.

There will be a meteor in a minute time. Slowly, counting the time left in his mind. 10, 9, 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 … … the sight was beautiful, the most beautiful sight he ever saw in his life. He was stunned by the thousands of shooting stars, zooming here and there above his head.

Happiness and warmth filled his heart, he no longer felt cold to the wind, which a moment ago, wining a battle, now losing all as Steven felt so more cold.

His happiness was not long lived. His happiness turned into terror when he saw an object, falling from the sky. He knew that it was a star, although it was small, it can cause an explosion, disaster on earth. He needed to warn others, but his foot was rooted to the ground, as the falling star, as nearer and nearer every second.

Steven closed his eyes, maybe it will be over soon (a quick death). There was a blink of lighting like flash. The air was cold still. Steven opened his eyes, and looked around. He was alive, but then he remembered about the star which fell onto earth. What happen to it?

Steven looked at a corner, where he saw a source of light. Glaring at it made his eyes pain. Steven rushed back home, took his sunglasses, a heat prove glove and went back again. He wore his sunglasses and looked at the star. He went near heat, but felt no heat.

What Steven could not understand was why the star did not burn out when it touched the earth atmosphere and did not cause an explosion when it touched the ground and why there was no heat coming from it.

Steven decided to investigate the matter and take the star as his specimen.
*** *** *** *** ***
The next morning, lights from the early sun, which was like a big red orange, emerging from the east. A new note was placed in front of Steven room, “Do not enter, danger! Please wear goggles before entering.” When Steven’s mother asked him, he said in an unusual manner, “I am keeping a star.” “A star? How can you keep a star?” his mother would question him again. As a reply, Steven will shrug his shoulder in reply.

After which, he would get ready to go to school. On the way to school, he decided to ask his teacher about a star. What happen after a star dies out.

As he expected, during geography lesson, the teacher was teaching them about the names of the stars and where they are located on in the solar system. Steven took this chance to ask his teacher about the question he had in mind. “What happens when a star burns out?” “Why? You want to know?” his teacher asked.

“Because I keep a star which is burning out soon.” He replies. Everyone laughed at his words, how could any one keep a star? Everyone including the teacher laughed at him.

Later that day, he went home. He went to check up on his star. The star was burning out. The star would be burned up by five minutes. So, he waited and waited. And he saw the star, had stopped giving out light. The star is now slowly breaking into pieces.

The pieces were forming a small gust of wind. He watched on. The gust turned into a bigger wind. Soon, it will be a tornado. Steven was thinking… … maybe he should inform the astrology centre. Maybe he should inform a scientist. The wind was now so strong. Dust flew into his eyes. Steven could not see clearly, but he could see a giant-like shape gust in his room. With no one at home, it would be useless to call for help. The giant like wind was now nearer to him, then like a monster, he took Steven with him, making the tornado bigger.

Perhaps Steven should inform them earlier… …


Done by Aaron( Who is ME )



© Copyright 2006 warrior (bboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182115-THE-BURNED-OUT-STAR