*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182215-Trees-of-Life-and-Knowledge
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1182215
Symbolism of the infamous "Tree" in the Garden of Eden.
The mysterious Tree in the Garden of Eden that brought about the downfall of Adam and generations to follow has never been fully understood by mankind. Niether has a reasonable explaination of the nature of the offense been brought to light. There are two "trees" mentioned in the biblical text, one being the Tree of Life, and the other, the Tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Contrary to popular belief, these two, are one and the same! First, let's look at traditional teachings; the "Serpent" convinced Eve to bite an apple, upon her so doing her "eyes" were opened and she convinced Adam to do the same. After they both had "eaten" of this apple, they realized two things, one that they were naked, and two, that they sinned by disobedience to God.
Does anyone else see fault in this interpritation? It doesn't make sense! First of all, the fruit eaten by them was no fruit at all. The word fruit is used metaphorically for anything gained; such as, the fruit of your body (being your children), or the fruit of your labors, (being material wealth). So then, the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the knowledge gained from "eating" of this "tree". The bible uses eating synonymously with learning and absorbing knowledge in other instances as well... for example; Ezekiel 2:9, "And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and lo, a roll of a book was therein"; (a scroll) verse 10, "And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe." This is continued in the third chapter as follows; Ezekiel 3:1, "Moreover, he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel." You can also find the same parallels in Revelation 10:9-10, and in Proverbs 9:1-6.
I hope you can all see my point, so far! Now that I have your attention, let's delve further. This "tree" as you assume was no tree as you know a tree to be. If we look again to the book of Revelation, chapter 22 verses 1-2, we see a description of the Tree of Life, and get an idea of its location, or rather its origin. Revelation 22:1-2, "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Come on now, how can this be a physical tree? Also note the mentioning of the tree being on either side of the river! This signifies duplicity, how else can one thing be on both sides of a "river"? We'll get back to that soon enough. Now the twelve manner of fruit, one every month? This sounds like the zodiac calander; but don't get your feathers all ruffled yet, There have been many misunderstandings about the bibles teachings throughout time, remember that nothing exists without his will and purpose!, that being said, let's continue.
For those who would like to say that I contradict myself, because Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and Revelations describes the tree of life, let me say that it is you who lacks understanding. These seemingly separate entities are merely one the reverse of the other, yet one and the same! A mirror reflection if you will. One positive, the other negative! But one still completes the other, as you cannot have one, if the other did not exist. Just as the created man was incomplete without the woman, just as you could not have light, without darkness. Though they be opposite, they are the two extremes of the same thing! Prior to Adams transgression, he dealt with the right side of the tree; he communed with God and lived in his presence. Once he had "eaten" of the left side, he was left to his own resources; as he had trusted in them, rather than God.
You have heard how it is said that Christ sits at the right hand of the Father. Well, I know this will sound terrible to unlearned ears, but Satan sits at his left! That's what I said. It's the order that was established from the beginning! Never mind that popy-cock story about rebellion in Heaven! That's simply an incorrect interpretation of Isaiah 14. One person misunderstands a scripture, and the whole world accepts his error as truth!
© Copyright 2006 Ominous (ominous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182215-Trees-of-Life-and-Knowledge