*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183230-God-if-you-really-love-me
by Karen
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1183230
God, if you really love me, how can you let this happen? More at mydailysteps.com
“God, if you really love me ….

how can you let this happen? God, if you really love me why won’t you do this for me?”

Have you ever asked God these questions? I have. I have learned so much about the love of God through my daughter. She has said many times, “Mom, please, if you love me ….”

I know and see things that she doesn’t. I know if I give her everything she wants, she’ll become a spoiled child, then a spoiled adult always expecting her way with no appreciation for anything. Is that the best for her? No. Is that true love on my part? No.

God has a purpose and a plan for my life. He sees and knows things. There is no way I can possibly know everything or understand why some things happen and why some things don’t. God does.

What I do know is that He loves me so much that He sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus paid a price that I could never pay. I know that because of what Jesus did for me, I have a personal relationship with the one, true living God, the maker of the heavens and earth; the One who knows all and sees all. I am so glad that I now have Him in my life. I can place all my hope and trust in Him.

Am I promised a glorious, carefree life from that point on? No. Jesus tells us that we will have trouble in this world, but to take heart because He has overcome the world. (John 16:33).

He promises to help me in times of trouble. He is my deliverer and my shield. He promises to direct my steps. What is my part in all this? To love Him and worship Him with my life. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15).

Each day I want my relationship with God to grow. I look at how I have developed relationships with my friends … by spending time with them, talking and listening. I apply that same thought to developing my relationship with God.

Everyday I say, “Lord, I’m here. Teach me. Grow me.” Do I hit bumps in the road? Of course. But I will not give up. I did things my way for too many years; and I know the result I had with that. Today, I enjoy peace in knowing He has everything under control. Sure, I slip and still whine sometimes, “God, please, if you love me ….” But I will add later, “Okay, whatever you want … Your will not mine.”

“Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
© Copyright 2006 Karen (kade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183230-God-if-you-really-love-me