*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183601-Coping-With-Kids
Rated: E · Article · Teen · #1183601
How should parents deal with teenagers of the family?
Authors Note: This one was one of the answers to an examination question. I just finished my A-level English language exam. This is exactly what I wrote as a magazine article targeted at parents of teenagers.

Teenage life- The bridge between childhood and adulthood. Parents of teenage children usually have a lot of complains against them. “Why is my child so ill-mannered?” “Why does she quarrel with us?”

Did you ever try to look behind your child’s mind? Did you try to find out what is beyond those changing attitudes? Rapid physical changes are responsible for this. Hormonal changes make the teenagers change mentally. Some teenagers cannot cope up with these rapid changes. They become introverts all of a sudden.

Share your feelings. Even little chit-chats about daily activities will help your child open the doors of his/her mind to you.

Mothers, teach your daughters about the transformation from girl to woman. Teach her about the physical changes coming her way. Fathers can do the same with boys.

What to wear, and what not to wear? A very common question for some Asian girls. Obviously, girls between thirteen and nineteen like to wear fashionable clothes. Help them to pick outfits and ornaments which are both trendy and sober.
Take them to long drives, or to a nice trip. Spending time together will make them comfortable. The more time you spend with them, the more closer they will come to you.

Respect their feelings. Do not try to impose your own decisions on them. Try to find out their interests. Drive them to the field of creativity. Some might like to paint. Help them with the paintings. Others might like music. Help them with the compositions and notations.

Remember, “Fear” is one of your biggest constraints. If you show your temper to your son or daughter, they might get scared to share their feelings with you.

Teenagers are not hard to control. With your love and efforts, you can turn their lives into heavens.
*Heart*
© Copyright 2006 Humming Bird (falguni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183601-Coping-With-Kids