*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183929-A-Seed
by Kotaro
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1183929
A unique seed grows to reward its owner. Inspired from "The Writer's Cramp"
A Seed

As I refilled the bird feeder with seed this morning I noticed a very unusual seed. Yes, indeed, a truly unique seed: pale beige with pink and green stripes. With my pinkie finger I moved it through the mass of ordinary everyday seeds to the edge of the feeder and plucked it out.

Finding a large planter with a long dead plant, I pulled out the shrivelled stalk, dropped the seed in, and covered it with some terra firma. I went into my beloved sun room with windows all around and put the planter between some flowering cacti.

Next day, lo and behold, a tiny green and pink leafed sprout was lapping up the morning sunlight. In the following days, it grew delicate pink tendrils that sought a hold. I built a crude structure for its arms to twine around and proudly watched it attach itself to the frame, building its abode. By then, its leaves were sending a delicate perfume that eased my mind.

I brought a rattan chair into the room so I could spent my free time in the room’s aromatic atmosphere. Sitting there in the warmth of sunlight, I forgot my troubles. From its bountiful pink striped leaves, I created a wonderful tea that left me in a dreamy state, so relaxed that I often felt myself drifting off to sleep.

More and more, I neglected my chores to while away my days in its soothing embrace. More and more it grew, until the walls and ceiling were a pink and green arbor. Like delicate fingers, tendrils entwined the frame of my chair. Then, one day, I noticed pink buds peeking out. They grew plump with promise of a delightful bloom. Looking, I imagined them blushing at my attention. In eager anticipation, I sat and waited for the blooming, never leaving the room, until finally, they rewarded me with ecstasy.

Needing nothing more, I now spend my days and nights in the warm embrace of its womb.
© Copyright 2006 Kotaro (arnielenzini at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183929-A-Seed