*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185783-Measures
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Family · #1185783
Music is the way for Marcus to regain his respect among people.
1. Lax

The hammock swung beneath me while i lay on it, the warm summer sun comforting me. I heard the ocean tide splash against the wire thin line where he ocean met the land, and i felt a calming pulsate through my veins. I fixated a pair of sunglasses on my face so as to be as...

Lax.

Lax as possible. My body relaxed and i forgot where I was, my eyes closed and I felt like I was slowly falling. I fell down and down, which reminded me of Alice from C.S. Lewis' writings, falling down the rabbit hole. My face felt warm for an instant then i lost all consciousness. It only had seemed like a minimal amount of time before i had woken up.

Dark roaring clouds billowed over the tiny island on which i lay, taking all serenity away, leaving only fear. I needed to move, quick or else it would be over. But i couldn't, I was frozen like a rock, my expressions failed to change. Fear engulfed my heart, oh how terribly i wanted to close my eyes, but as hard as i might try it was to no avail. The Storm grew closer yet, lightning struck the ground, and thunder bellowed furiously across the island, bolts struck close to me, sparking like hot fire from a shard of flint and dancing around the now molten sand.

The island was a death trap, like dangling from an electrical chair above a fiery, molten volcano like in the action comics that, that little kid from down the street would read. Terrified, i couldn't move even if it was physically possible for me to, i was paralyzed by fear. My heart was a timpani being played by a severely angered man. Purple-white lines streaked the air around me, getting so close i could feel my skin blistering. I attempted once more to close my eyes without sucess.

Then all of a sudden a flash came through my eyes and i felt nervous beyond all belief. My body didn't feel any different, which was awkward after being struck by light multiple times hotter than the sun. I waited silently, as though i could talk, but was deciding to stay silent. My legs and arms began to writhe spasmodically, i couldn't control my actions, then it stopped.

I saw another streak coming at me with intense speed! Then I sat up, sweating and panting heavily in my bed, arms locked holding my body up. I looked at the clock that read 5:01:45. I fell flat on my back making the matress squeal, I had an hour and 30 minutes to go to State Penitentiar- err... School.
I went to Coron University, the "best school this side of the country". Which was a mountain of bullshit, everyone there had no sense of why they were going to school. They were all morons, Rich morons who's parents thought they stood a chance in a real university. Everyone was like that, and the first year i went there I acted like that to fit in. I got roaring drunk and crashed Jim Foer's Chevy into a street sign, which it went through and i hit a fire hydrant, which throughly ripped the paint off of dear old Jimmy's car.

He beat the living hell out of me the next day.

Everyone in the school had tried to, at least once, most of them failed. Everyone but Greg.

I'm almost sure that everyone but Greg has lost respect for me, I don't even know why because the car incident was the only bad thing i did. It's not because i'm stupid, nor is it because i'm mean. I'll try to figure that out today. I walked into the dark kitchen which smelled of Bacon and maple syrup; I pulled out the waffle iron, plugged it in and grabbed some Krusteaz (just add water!) batter.
As i was pulling the water out from under the sink, Kaitlyn woke and began to waltz down the hallway. I quickly poured some batter in the iron and steam whizzed out.

"WAFFLES!" Kaitlyn yelled in glee.

"Dammit Kaitlyn! Be any louder and you won't ever see another waffle! Got it?" I whispered sternly.

Kaitlyn's face formed a red frown and she sat down, arms crossed.
© Copyright 2006 Unbeknownst (unbeknownst at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185783-Measures