*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188037-Men-are-dreamers
Rated: ASR · Prose · Philosophy · #1188037
A man's dreams equal his livelihood
Men are dreamers. Women hope...men dream. If he’s old enough to speak, he can tell you about his dreams. Men are wired to want greatness. Ask a man about his dream. Is his dream of something good? No. It’s never of something good. It’s a grandiose dream of something great. Regardless of the plausibility of his dream, it contains expectations. These expectations are solely of what he can do with his abilities. Men expect to be able to attain greatness, not because of the fact that he’s a man, but because a man’s life and his ability are fused. Thus, for a man’s life to be great, his ability must be great. Every man expects to have the ability to have a great life. Show me a man without a dream, and I’ll show you a man who’s suicidal. Talk to him...he has no dreams. Why? Because the ones he had were shattered due to his own limitations. Since his livelihood was attached to his chance at greatness, the shattered dream shattered his livelihood. Every man thinks he is or can be great at something. When the day comes that a man realizes that he can’t be great or he is no longer great, his life begins to slip away. It doesn’t matter what others think. The world could think he’s great, or that he sucks, but it doesn’t matter. The only authroized to validate his greatness is himself. Men who have untapped potential live forever, because they still have time to be great. Perhaps that is why they don’t try. They’d rather live with the supposition that they could have been great if only... Having the memory of a dream that failed because of choice is easier to carry than the memory of a dream that died due to inability. One day, it dawns on each man that he no longer can attain greatness. Here’s hoping mine comes in my 90s.
© Copyright 2006 Jarek McKinley (mhickman73 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188037-Men-are-dreamers