*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188062-As-the-Earth-Spins
by Molly
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1188062
A soap opera parody
Written for:
A Picture Is Worth A 1000 Words Contest  (ASR)
Write a story in 1000 words or less to a given picture prompt. [Hiatus!]
#1101926 by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen




First Place


Sierra drove around for hours, her mind spilling over with what if's, yet she ended up the one place she swore to herself she wouldn’t: Stone’s apartment.

Parked outside his door, she took a few deep breaths, trying to be brave enough to go in there and tell him the truth. Sierra opened her car door. I’ll ring the doorbell. He’ll invite me in. I’ll have a drink to be polite, and then I’ll just tell him. She got out, locked her car, and strolled up to his door. Before she could ring the doorbell, Stone opened it.

“Sierra, what a surprise. I saw you coming up the walk. Come in.”

“Stone, there’s something I have to-“

“A glass of wine?”

“Sure, but there's something I need to talk to you about, Stone.“

Stone put his finger against her glossy lips. “Sh. You look gorgeous tonight, Sierra. I’m so glad you’re here. I’ve had some bad new today, and I really didn't want to be alone tonight."

Sierra brushed Stone's hair out of his eyes. "What is it? You look upset."


"I just found out my real mother is my older brother Mount.”

Sierra gasped, dropping her glass, spilling wine on her taffeta dress. “Oh Stone! That means..”

“Yes, Mount was once a woman.” Stone turned his face in shame, biting his lip, hiding his tears. "I can't talk about this right now. Stone stood and held out his hand. "Let’s get you out of that stained dress. Shall we?” He took Sierra's hand, helping her up, leading her into his bedroom. He pulled a white, silk robe out of the bureau. “This is the only thing I have that’ll fit you.” Stone tossed the robe onto the bed, turned to Sierra and held her close. They kissed passionately as he undressed her. Then he pulled his shirt over his head, dropping it to the floor.

Sierra gave in, wrapping her arms around him, but she couldn’t go through with it. “No!” She pushed Stone away, and threw on the robe. “I can’t do this. I’m sorry.” A single tear ran down her cheek.

Stone lay on the bed behind her, staring at the floor. “Sierra, I don’t understand you. I thought you liked me. Remember our night in Hawaii?”

“Sierra slid her hands into the deep pockets of the robe. “I do Stone, but it’s really a silly thing I guess.”

“Just say it, Sierra. I have to know.”

“It’s your back.” She sniffled. “The hair, I can’t make love to a man with hair on his back.”

“I’ll have it waxed. I’d do anything for you. You know that.”


“It’s too late for that.I know it's there, and it will only grow back, and it's not only on your back, it's also on your ass.” Sierra snatched her dress and shoes off the floor and ran out of the apartment crying.

Stone stood in the doorway. “Sierra, there’s always electrolysis!”

Sierra got into her car, blew Stone a kiss, and sped away.

#####


Will Stone opt for electrolysis to remove the unwanted hair? Will he see Sierra again?

We’ll find out: As the Earth Spins.



word count 525
© Copyright 2006 Molly (gooble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188062-As-the-Earth-Spins