*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190087-Too-Close-To-Home
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1190087
An afternoon of shopping with friends turns frightning when one of them is kidnapped.
Chapter Two

All too soon the bell signaling the start of lunch period was ringing throughout ShadowLake High, and Megan and Cindy were navigating through the rowdy school. Upon entering the equally noisy cafeteria, As Megan dragged Cindy into the center of the crowd, she shuddered.Prior to the accident, Cindy had always been eager to throw herself into those type of situations. Smiling inwardly, she recollected how she
used to be the life of the party. Now look at me. Afraid of a lunch room full of teenagers, she thought.

Cindy was so preoccupied with these thoughts, she hardly registured the fact Megan was settling her in a chair. She'd just picked up her three-cheese pizzia, when she faintly heard another chair scraping the floor, indicating someone else was joining them. "Hi," an unknown male's voice called," I'm Greg Holmes and this is my brother Bryan. Hope you don't have a hard time telling us apart. Being identical twins can be fun, but it does get aggravating having to explain which twin you are every five minutes."

Megan remained seated, unsure of what her next move should be. Glancing over at Cindy, she realized her friend was growing increasingly uncomfortable. She knew someone needed to say something, but didn't want to make her new friend feel more out of place than she already did.

Finally, Cindy took a deep breath and began speaking, softly. "I am sorry guys. I was in an accident not long ago involving a drunk driver. Although we thought I came through it okay, it was discovered soon after that I was affected. We aren't really sure how this happened, but I permanently lost my vision that day."

The twins looked at the floor. Neither was sure of how to reply to Cindy's revilation.
Megan had been afraid of this. She loved Greg with all her heart-they had been dating for almost a year, after all. That said, she disliked the way he and his twin tended to act beyond pigheaded when it came to dealing with situations and people different from what they were used to.

Just as Megan was about to to suggest she and Cindy move to another table, Greg cleared his throat. Standing beside Cindy, he smiled apologetically. He knew she was unable to see this action, so he elected to express himself verbally, as well. "What do you say we start over on the right foot?" he suggested.

Somewhat reluctantly, Cindy agreed. Seconds later, the group was involved in a conversation so deep, they were almost late for their next classes. As the group broke up, Megan proposed the group get togetherfor a shopping trip over the upcoming weekend. At this, Bryan groaned audibley. "You would pick the mall. Wouldn't you?"

"In case you never noticed," explained Megan," the mall is where the majority of high school kids hang out.

© Copyright 2006 fictionqueen1983 (collegegirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190087-Too-Close-To-Home