*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191448-To-The-Student-Nurse
Rated: E · Other · Medical · #1191448
My senior year of nursing school I had to write about my experience as a student nurse.
                                A Student Nurse to a Nurse


We walk onto the unit, we don’t know you, we are nervous, and unsure of ourselves.  We are nursing students.  We see the expression on your face, “On, no!  Not students again.”  We don’t ask for much…just a little patients, guidance, and understanding.

Please don’t be angry when we ask questions.  We are asking for a reason; maybe an answer or just some reassurance.

Please include us when you are talking about our patience-we are here to learn.

Please be willing to show us your skills.  We want to learn different ways to do things.

Please don’t walk away from us and roll your eyes- this is all new to us.

Please don’t snap or yell at us; we are already stressed and nervous.  We don’t needed added self- doubt.

Most of all please remember that you, too, were once a student.  You didn’t know all the answers and your skills were not perfect.

I look forward to being a nurse despite being eaten alive; chewed up and spit out.  I look forward to being asked questions; this will keep my mind alert and open to new information.  I look forward to showing my skills- maybe I have learned a trick or two that could help future nurses.  I look forward to having students so I too can continue to learn.  I will be patient and understanding because-I WAS ONCE A NURSING STUDENT TOO.


                                                           
                                                             


© Copyright 2006 mommacat (mommacat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191448-To-The-Student-Nurse