*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191701-The-perfect-lie
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1191701
this story is about family diffuculties.
I sit on the sandy shore of the beach, wishing that my parents didn’t fight every night and keep me awake. I wish that we could all be a big happy family like everyone thinks we are. I wish that I didn’t have to hide my feelings anymore, why should I have to suffer every day taking pills just to keep me awake because I can’t sleep at night. I wish we could be normal!
I have these horrible dreams when I shut my eyes at to go to sleep. They are always the same. First, my family is acting perfect and then we have a car crash and my parents died, I’m the only one that survives! I always wake up later, scared to open my eyes in the pitch black room with only a small window feeling like I can’t breathe properly.
I see my best friend, Brooke, walking up the beach towards me. I reveal everything to her. Then I start crying. I bawl my eyes out and she hugs me close telling me that she will look after me and not to be scared because she’s here for me. She tells me that I should have told her earlier. She tells me I shouldn’t have to go through this on my own because there are people who are here for me, who care about me and who wants me to get better.
I feel like a traitor towards my family, revealing a secret that people should have picked up earlier. I couldn’t deal with it any longer, pretending that my family was perfect and I was fine when it was all a big lie. Brooke says I can stay that her place for tonight so I can get a good night sleep and be on the road to recovery so I accept.
© Copyright 2006 Thomas Banks (tomz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191701-The-perfect-lie