*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192674-The-Girl-Of-My-Dreams-Part-1
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #1192674
A teen has a dream and writes about it
Dear diary,

I had a dream last night, but not like all the other ones where you’re a superhero or have special powers. This one was different. Usually after I wake up from a dream I just get on with things but I couldn’t help but think about this one.

I was me, the outcast, an unpopular looser who nobody seems to care about. I was in a room with a girl, I had never seen her, she was a stranger yet in some way I knew her. Her scent and the character of her voice were familiar, it was one I knew but had never heard, a beauty unspoken of until that night, like a godsend of splendour. It was like I cherished a nonexistent person, I longed to have something that wasn’t there. I hope tonight when I rest my head, that I see her again and feel her comforting tenderness.

All through today, every time I think about her I just smile and feel joyful, but this feeling is about a dream. Am I stricken by madness? Maybe it’s a sign that she’s true and I need to find her. As I finish this entry I close my eyes and smile, she is there staring at me, laughing and smiling. Beauty has invaded my mind and wishes not to leave, in the darkness she lays, the girl of my dreams.
© Copyright 2006 Lewis Earnshaw (lewis_earnshaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192674-The-Girl-Of-My-Dreams-Part-1